Sign in to follow this  
buzzbee

2008 RTW Practice #4

Got it down on my first real attempt at landing. Made a few passes to scope it out and set my other airplane on the field to mark the end I wanted to approach from. Not sure if it is GE Pro that give the unrealistic illumination of the road or what, but I was thankful to follow it. Flying in the valley in the pitch black was challenging.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/183760.jpg

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Guest SoarPics

You 'da man for getting the -51 into that airport!! And at night, too!

Greg I'll post the tricks to making smooth landings in the P-51 on the private forums. It was fun.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

PC12

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Hit a mountain in the dark during descent.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

I'll give it a shot. Those hills are dark.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Bad Duenna. Somehow it said I flew from a different airfield again. I need to make sure to refresh the duenna before every flight. Still a nice leg. Very dark. No lights, I stayed up high over the mountains until the destination. From high up I spotted the field and noted some land marks to follow once I descended. Intended to come up the lake toward the field and a the end of the lake turn to the right and I should find it. Down over the lake and all I saw was a hill. Managed to find the field and land safely. Disappointed my Duenna was bad. These legs really emphasize doing recon in daylight prior to flying your legs in the dark. Always a good idea to set your clocks to daytime and get a good feel for where you are flying into. Last year I took some screen shots of important gotchas both day and night for some of my more hair raising legs. Hope some of the new guys will step up and post.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Hey, DCGood to see you flying again, man! It's been too long....BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Duenna will followUneventfull flight.My second good with the baton.Still much more difficult with the baton onboard.A heavy burden.

Jock Hartvig Andersen,

EKCH, EKAT

Well, one of the new guys did it.I use Duenna v0.790 R106.

Jock Hartvig Andersen,

EKCH, EKAT

In P-51 on Team equipment

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Down. Nice flight.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro