Sign in to follow this  
vcaptmattsmith

RTW Duenna Updated, Race Tracking in Testing

Hi all,In a collaborative effort from two people to whom the Race community owes a great debt of gratitude, the RTW Duenna has been updated for the 2008 Race. John Muller and Jared Smith, who have both been indispensable in orchestrating the technical aspects of the race in the past, have once again outdone themselves for the benefit of everyone involved with the race. This latest update brings several refinements to the Duenna's ability to verify flights, and will give each leg of this year's race a redoubtable mantle of credibility and verifiability. Our hope, as it has ever been with the Duenna, is to enable competitors and spectators alike to focus on the race itself, rather than the mechanics behind it.Perhaps the most exciting news to come from our two technical wizards, however, is that a system for automatically tracking race pilots as they fly around the world has been put into place, and is currently in testing. Although the bugs are still very much in the process of being worked out, it is our hope that when the race begins in a few days' time, we will have the most robust and capable system for following the race that we have ever had in place on the "Follow the Race" page of our website (http://www.fsrtwrace.com/follow.htm).At this time, we would like to invite pilots to download the latest testing version of the Duenna (http://johannesmueller.com/fs/web/duenna/). We encourage everyone to put their computers, the Duenna, and our tracking system through their respective paces. The greater the number of practice legs flown with the Duenna, the greater the chance that bugs will be caught before the race. (To say nothing of the racing benefit to practicing!)Thanks again for your time, and for your testing. We'll see you on race day!Best Regards,Matt SmithRTWR Executive Committee

Matthew Smith | Priority Left Consulting
www.priorityleft.com

A few things to note:- Once you download the new Duenna, go to Settings and select Default for Server+URL. Then create a user. Be sure to select your team name.- In order for the tracker to track your flight, "Send real-time position to server?" must be checked.- If you are a baton holder or wingman, you MUST check the "Baton-carrier or wingman?" option on the main screen. DO NOT select this option during the race unless you have the baton or are flying a wingman leg, otherwise the Baton Tracker will add your flight. Also, YOU MUST select this option for the Baton Tracker to record your baton flight.- With the "Baton-carrier or wingman?" deselected, your flight information will still be tracked at http://www.fsrtwrace.com/track/ListFlights.php- The Duenna will automatically upload your Duenna graphic and text file to the server after your flight. If all goes as planned (and the race committee allows it), you should not need to post these files to the forums unless this process fails for some reason.- We'll be working out bugs (we're aware of several) and making improvements up to and probably even after the race begins, but if you have feedback, recommendations, or bug reports, let us know. In the mean-time, please use it.Jared "Smitty" Smith

Hi, Say I d-loaded the new build 117 and it showed the wingman/carrier option.. ( when first released) Well what I did was try the new 117 build and found some problems that just really dont matter ( IAS is 30 kts slow ) and went back to the original setup I had.. Now I reinstalled the 117 revision for the race and the wingman/carrier option doesn't show.. BTW i did a full un / re install... What's Up ??? The title bar shows FS-Duenna v.0.801 R117.Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

The "Baton-carrier or wingman?" option only shows if you have "Send real-time position to server?" selected in the settings. Also, be sure to create a user (if you already exist, it won't create a duplicate).

Guest Windryder

Way Kool - Thank you for the hard work putting this tracking in; I will be on later I have to run some errands and let the tracking begin !!Windryder aka Windflyah