Sign in to follow this  
buzzbee

Lets getonline and practice

Somewhere. Not sure what we consider the main server now. Cheers!

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Guest Windryder

I will be on Jw's server; I tried offline testing out Duenna tracking and solved a framerate problem by changing weather updates to static weather; otherwise I suffered terribly even on DSL; thought it was the tracking server but it wasnt !So I plan on checking out the race info and the special bonus airports, flying in mediocre weather with the P38 and getting area familiarization in.I am also on Teamspeak !Thanks JW and Svenks for the server options!Windflyah

You can't fly with Static weather, you have to fly with Updates and Download winds aloft. I will try and get on and walk you through some settings that will improve your performance.Turn down the autogen scenery and stuff like that. There are quite a few tweaks you can make to get decent performance.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

I think we are allowed to fly with the static real world weather as well, we don't have to have the updates? At least that was the case last year, but I'm not sure, I checked the rules just now and they aren't really clear on that point.

I did look at the rules and they do not specify real time updating, just download real world. At work so no time to test, but I wonder if that is why the weather button is Yellow (as opposed to red for off and green for updating.)

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro