Sign in to follow this  
Guest radialronnie

speed watch-dog sick?

Guest radialronnie

i have flowen 3 or 4 flights with Duenna so far. EVERY time it saz that i went over speed even if i went way below the max speed of aircraft!the text output looks like this:Enroute: Aircraft: [P1] Extra 300S Paint4 Aircraft-Reference: Vne=0kts, Vcruise=0kts Max./Avg. Groundspeed: 169.9 kts / 4.9 kts Max. IAS: 177.0 kts Average IAS: 105.4 kts Average Head/Tailwind: +0.0 kts Max. altitude: 902 ft Flight aborted: no Time in overspeed: !!-> 0.0 secs.!!! :)

Make sure you check all of your realism settings.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Overspeed will not invalidate a flight. It is only a timer and a warning to help the pilot avoid an overstress crash.Overspeed is not the cause of the invalid flight in the above information.We need to see the entire .TXT file to see what is causing the not valid flag.Enroute: Aircraft: [P1] Extra 300S Paint3 ATC Type/Model: / Aircraft-Reference: Vne=0KIAS, Vcruise=0KTAS, Mmo=M0.000 Autopilot/Autothrottle: 0 / 0 Max./Avg. Groundspeed: 188.0 kts / 138.8 kts Max. IAS: 191.9 kts Average IAS: 141.0 kts Average Head/Tailwind: -0.8 kts Max. altitude: 1542 ft Flight aborted: no Time in overspeed: 0.0 secs. Error count: 0 Valid: VALIDATEDhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/184987.jpg

Guest radialronnie

thanks for the info. I'll do another flight right away.even though it said overspeed time = 0.0 seconds the flight was invalidated! if overspeed don't INvalidate a flight then what? (what invalidates a flight?)

Hi RR,Lots of things need to be in order for the flight to be valid. When you're just getting started, it's hard to keep everything in mind at once. So we all need to learn from experience.When you fly another simulated leg, it would help a lot if you posted the Duenna files (especially the text file) so we can take a close look at your flight.Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Guest radialronnie

>Hi RR,>>Lots of things need to be in order for the flight to be valid.>When you're just getting started, it's hard to keep everything>in mind at once. So we all need to learn from experience.>>When you fly another simulated leg, it would help a lot if you>posted the Duenna files (especially the text file) so we can>take a close look at your flight.>>Mikeok, i just finished a short 30nm flight at night With all realism setting, weather, etc correct. still:note: (i'm running fsx) {Errors:15.02.2008 13:51:02 ERROR: FS9.CFG is not readable: Can't open 'C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XFS2002.CFG' for reading: 53 - File not found}Flight Log -- from RTW-Duenna v.0.610 R44----------------------------------------------------------- Takeoff: System Time UTC: 15/02/2008 20:51:02 FS Time: 15/02/2008 22:47:35 Aircraft gross weight: 8383.6 lbs Location: N9

This is the problem:15.02.2008 13:51:02 ERROR: Realism-Settings are not valid!This is an old version of Duenna, so we cannot see which specific setting is incorrect.Go to the Duenna web site: http://johannesmueller.com/fs/web/duenna/Download either the R117 Update or the R117 Executable only.Either run the update or just copy the R117 Executable to your folder where the Deunna program is located.Make sure you Deunna desktop shortcut points to the R117 Executable.There should be a section like this in the Duenna text file. You can open a flight in FS, click on Duenna to take the baton, then to abort the flight to create a file you can check.Info: Looks like FS2004Info: Configuration-File: C:Documents and Settings******Application DataMicrosoftFS9FS9.CFGInfo: REALISM/CrashTolerance: '1.000000' (OK)Info: REALISM/CrashDetection: '1' (OK)Info: REALISM/StressDamage: 'True' (OK)Info: REALISM/UnlimitedFuel: 'False' (OK)Info: Weather/LoadWeather: '1' (OK)Info: Weather/DownloadWindsAloft: '1' (OK)Info: Weather/DisableTurbulence: '0' (OK)

For FSX the data should look like this:Info: Looks like FSXInfo: Configuration-File: C:Documents and SettingsAaronApplication DataMicrosoftFSXFSX.CFGInfo: REALISM/CrashTolerance: '1.000000' (OK)Info: REALISM/CrashDetection: 'True' (OK)Info: REALISM/StressDamage: 'True' (OK)Info: REALISM/UnlimitedFuel: 'False' (OK)Info: Previous Flight.FLT/Weather/WeatherType: '3' (OK)Info: Weather/DownloadWindsAloft: '1' (OK)Info: Weather/DisableTurbulence: '0' (OK)

The duenna needs updating and your crash tolerance is showing 0.00000 . This suggests to me your crash tolerance or general realism sliders may not be on max realism make sure the settings look like this and restart flight sim to ensure the .cfg updates the changeshttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/185027.jpg

TEAM AVSIM "Fly Anything" Member     BAW 1193

Boeing777_Banner_TechTeam.jpgBry_zps718b876b.png

Guest radialronnie

thanks a lot for all your help, folks.i got it to work with the update! flew me a 350ish leg across gulf of mexico with no problem. all validated and fine.thanks again!