Sign in to follow this  
buzzbee

3 Months and counting

Until the 2009 Flight Sim Round-the-world race. Over at Sim-Outhouse they are already starting their preparations. I am starting to get in RTW mode myself. How is everyone else doing? Is anyone ready to do some flying? It would be nice to bring some new participants into the fold early this year. Last year it seemed like we had some late joiners.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Hey buzz. I've been keeping one eye on the opposition as well and thinking the same thing. My bro and I have been doing some online flying recently, although not specifically race flying, and I agree its maybe time to see who's about and if there's any new blood wanting to take the plunge.HarvProud member of Avsim Round the World Race Team

Harv.png?dl=1

Hi Buzz , I`ve been flying offline all year , getting more aquainted with FSX . I followed Sim-outhouses Dr House meet in Idaho . What a great Challenge , highly entertaining trying to get the real fast race birds into those mountain runways :( . The guys at sim-outhouse certainly raised the standards this year and i think we need to get prepared and invite , recruit and advise new blood much earlier this year . Plus it would be great to get the regulars together "blow the cobwebs off " and get some fun practise in , The Dr House challenge was a great idea and we should organise something similar in the mountains for a little practise and a get together :) I`m ready Bry Team Avsim

TEAM AVSIM "Fly Anything" Member     BAW 1193

Boeing777_Banner_TechTeam.jpgBry_zps718b876b.png

I'm in, but I haven't been flying much lately. I've been entertaining my megalomaniac side with Rise of Nations for a change of pace. Chewing gum for the mind, I guess. }(

Craig Taylor

Craig.png?dl=1

I guess I was one of the late new commers last year.I am ready this year too.Been doing some flying with at SOH, actually a nice bunch of guys. That has given me a lot of practice.Both of the competition teams have allready started practicing.We need too unless we want to be behind (and we don't).I am moving to a new home 5 km away during the next 3 weeks, so I will not be online too much, but after that I will be ready.Lets have a lot of fun this year too.Jock

Jock Hartvig Andersen,

EKCH, EKAT

Greetings Folks,I'm still around and will be ready by race time. I finally decided to go exclusively with FSX. I removed my FS9 several months ago so my hanger is not quite as diverse as prior years but I'm sure I can find something that works. I think starting our recruiting now is a good idea. The AVSIM formums seem pretty quiet these days. Not sure what that bodes for getting new pilots. I have been spending a lot of sim time down under in Orbix FTX land. I've put up a stealth recuiting post on the screenshots forum here:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=276960&page=

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Guest VinceN

Hey Guys,It's Vince (Used to post under Spazzz)I'm available and ready for anything you guys want. If you want to get in contact with me off forums to arrange some practice sessions my public email address is vmnovak@gmail.com

Just starting to get things in gear for RTW practice myself... :)I just need to get a new host for the private forums (which I'm sure won't be a problem), and I'll get that all set back up soon...

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

>I just added a little "news" on the subject. See the front>page for today. :)Thanks Tom!

Harv.png?dl=1

Guest Gary Buska

Hello every one I might be interested in doing this. What is involved?I have done something similar to this before.I have both FSX and FS2004I have flown for several virtual air lines the last one was Livewire. I was a hub manager and chief pilot there.I even flew in BOTA (BATTLE OF THE AIRLINES) once.Regards,Gary BuskaSenior Library Manager / Forum ModeratorAVSIM Online!www.avsim.com

Hi Gary , Welcome to the Forum . A very good source for information can be found here http://www.fsrtwrace.com/index.htm and all the guys here will be more than happy to help you with the many questions I`m sure you have ;) . It is a fantastic and fun Event , Bry Team Avsim

TEAM AVSIM "Fly Anything" Member     BAW 1193

Boeing777_Banner_TechTeam.jpgBry_zps718b876b.png

Guest Gary Buska

I checked out the site you listed and it looks like fun. I must warn though I can not fly helicopters at all.I also noticed that I will have to reinstall the vintage aircraft as I do not use them normally, but that will be no problem. Now for the questions.1) Is this a online race?2) How do they keep track of what you do during each leg.3) I run behind a router so I am unable to hosts online flights?I also might have to open ports in order to connect if so I will need to know which ones.Gary Buska

Hi Gary,I'll try to answer your questions and invite other team members to jump in with corrections.1) Is this a online race?You do not have to sim online to participate. Tracking of legs is done in this forum. See the link below to see the post of baton legs from last years race:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...g_id=6062&page=Most race participants prefer to fly online by connecting to an FSHost server and a Teamspeak server. This allows realtime text and spoken communication with team members. These servers have not been setup for this years race and practice but should be up by the new year.The pilot reports PIREPs thread from last year will give you a flavor of the race:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...g_id=5712&page=2) How do they keep track of what you do during each leg.The primary tracking tool is the Duenna. It is a great little utility that keeps track of your legs, adherance to some of the core race rules, and maps the progress in Google Maps. You can get it here:http://johannesmueller.com/fs/web/duenna/At the conclusion of a successful leg you post your Duenna graphic and text file in your baton forum thread.3) I run behind a router so I am unable to hosts online flights?You should be able to participate. There are folks on the team who know more about networking than myself. They will be able to provide details on setting up your network hardware and ports and such once we have setup the FSHost site for this years race. Don't worry about the Helocopters. There are usually only a couple of legs in each race where we have to use them and we try to get are experienced rotary pilots lined up for those legs. Welcome to the AVISIM race team.Jeff Williams (Team AVSIM RTW race veteran)

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png