Sign in to follow this  
buzzbee

3 Months and counting

Guest Gary Buska

Hello I used something like this when I flew in BOTA(battle of the airlines)I have all ready downloaded the duenna. I am having a few minor problems reinstalling the vintage air craft though. It has been a while since I had looked at the game.cab files on the install cd'sI thought the planes were together but they are not so it may take me some time to download all of the parts.I have to admit though I hope the duenna is a better program than the one we used in BOTA as that program gave me nothing but head aches.I was unable to finish the race as the program kept telling me I was slewing when I was not. No matter what I did it always gave me some kind of problem. The managers of the race could not figure it out and told me that I must be cheating somehow as others were not having this problem. Needles to say I did not like them calling me a liar and I withdrew from the race. But not until I read them the riot act, if you know what I mean. They finely wound up apologizing as they soon discovered a flaw in the one leg. But that was not found until the end of the race. They did give me credit for finishing the race stating it was a technical problem. If you need to reach me you can find me here on the forum or at AVSIM as I am both a library manager and a Forum moderator.gbuska@avsim.comGary BuskaSenior Library Manager / Forum Moderatorwww.avsim.comAVSIM ONLINE

Guest VinceN

StoneCold,I have some webserver space at my VA I'd be happy to set you up with if you need it. Let me know.

Thanks, I'll let you know if I need it... The host I'm looking at, a colocated server owned by an IRC friend of mine, is subject to a monthly traffic limit so that might be a deciding factor if we think the forum would use too much bandwidth above what is already used on that server. If we want shoutcast broadcasting again of the teamspeak channel, I'll also need to find a separate host for that, as that would definitely use too much bandwidth for this host...

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Guest Gary Buska

I think I have everything set I have installed the software and think I have the needed aircraft. I saw a mention of team speak will I need that as well. I am looking forward to this event as it sounds like it will be fun. Gary BuskaSenior Library Manager / Forum Moderatorwww.avsim.comAVSIM ONLINE :-)

Hi everyone!I'll be around for this race as well :)Haven't been flying much since February though, so I might be a "little" rusty. I will make sure to get a lot of practice before the race, just need to find the time to do it :DI might be able to host the TeamSpeak server if that's needed, just let me know.Klas

GarySounds good. I have a little test server up and running. When you get your teamspeak installed let me know and we can set up a little test flight.I am located in Denver, CO MST and am usually on in the evening, although Bry and Harv found my server with fshost spy and have been utilizing it.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Guest Gary Buska

I have team speak now and will set it up shortly I have to locate my mike I have not used it in a while. I am in Jacksonville, Florida EST.I run behind a router and I might have to open ports not sure though. My schedule is kind of crazy it might be the weekend before I am ready. I will let you know My work hours are Monday through Friday 8:45AM - 4:45PM EST I am usually home around 5:00 by the time I unwind and eat I am at my computer around 6:30 or 7:00

Hi guysSeems like I will have to de-orbit from SSM 2007, and fly along at subsonic speeds instead of hitting the atmosphere at MACH 23+It's all Alex' (sfoofficer) fault, it was him who sent me the nice pictures from Space Shuttle Simulator 2007.Anyway, I'll get my act together and get some air under my wings again. It will be my privilege and pleasure flying with you gentlemen!!!BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCHPS: Please see my concerns over Hamachi in another thread!

Guest Windryder

Hey All,I got the message about us gettin together again - this time looks like we got things gettin off to a good start already ! I need to check the new Duenna out an such; also, I plan on using FS9 for now; I have FSX; tried it once it is a pretty awesome Sim, but the models; I dunno - I cant view properly yet (I am gonna program my Saitek for the views which I so desperately need.Gary, I flew BOTA once too - that race drove me crazy but flying on the moon and in orbit was interesting; I probly never fly that again - too much for me !I will check out your TS, and any other posts, and I should be ready later this week; I got most of my personal issues resolved finally.See ya all in the skies...WF

Hey All,I got the message about us gettin together again - this time looks like we got things gettin off to a good start already ! I need to check the new Duenna out an such; also, I plan on using FS9 for now; I have FSX; tried it once it is a pretty awesome Sim, but the models; I dunno - I cant view properly yet (I am gonna program my Saitek for the views which I so desperately need.Gary, I flew BOPTA once too - that race drove me crazy but flying on the moon and in orbit was interesting; I probly never fly that again - too much for me !I will check out your TS, and any other posts, and I should be ready later this week; I got most of my personal issues resolved finally.See ya all in the skies...WF
Hey WF! Good to see your back for the next race :(

Jump on in. The Duenna program from last year is still valid.I just posted a series of short Practice legs across Australia so feel free to pick up a leg and fly. This is also practice so no need to wait around and if someone already has the Baton, go ahead and just start the leg as well and post your Duenna.

Hey All,I got the message about us gettin together again - this time looks like we got things gettin off to a good start already ! I need to check the new Duenna out an such; also, I plan on using FS9 for now; I have FSX; tried it once it is a pretty awesome Sim, but the models; I dunno - I cant view properly yet (I am gonna program my Saitek for the views which I so desperately need.Gary, I flew BOPTA once too - that race drove me crazy but flying on the moon and in orbit was interesting; I probly never fly that again - too much for me !I will check out your TS, and any other posts, and I should be ready later this week; I got most of my personal issues resolved finally.See ya all in the skies...WF

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro