Sign in to follow this  
buzzbee

Start Date of 2009 Race Issue

I read over on Sim-Outhouse that they were looking to start the race on Sunday the 15th. I think starting the race on a Sunday would really be unfair to those who are unable to take time off of work to race.Does anyone else have any thoughts or opinions on this?

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

I thought the race was going to start on Saturday this year again, since that was changed last year (I think, maybe it was the year before that?) so that more people would be able to participate. I don't think there where any problems with that last year, so it would only make sense to have it like that this year as well. Maybe I'm wrong though...Edit: just read the thread on sim-outhouse and checked the official website, seems I'm wrong :(Klas

I emailed Matt about the timer (while it was still counting up from 2008) in hopes of getting it updated to the 2009 race so it would count down to 2009. He updated it to the 15th as a ROUGH estimate only.They do not know yet when the race will officially start. The countdown clock will be updated, as required, when they do. It is only counting down to the 15th as a guess, so that it'll be counting *down* to something reasonably close...Hope this clears things up..... (Posted over on sim-outhouse as well..)

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

The most recent post I recall reading at SOH stated that the race would start on Sunday because Saturday is Valentine's and those of us who are interested in maintaining good relations with our spouses/significant others need to make sure we maintain adequate brownie points if we want to avoid the couch... ;)

Craig Taylor

Craig.png?dl=1

Couch...Who needs a couch? You got your cockpit chair!BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH