Sign in to follow this  
Guest David Lee 2

VoxATC problems

Guest David Lee 2

I tried the demo and for the most part was pretty impressed. I've now purchased and registered the product (and it isn't cheap!), only to find I can't get it to work. No matter what I do I get the message that there is no flight plan loaded - even though there is. I can use the demo flights but that is it. I would sure feel much more confident about this program if the developers maintained some presence here or in another forum. Anyone have any ideas? ThanksDavid

Hello David,When you want to load a flight first make sure VoxATC is not enabled. Select the aircraft, then use the default flight planner to make your flight (I haven't tried it yet with FSBuild generated flight plans), then you have to save all of the this to a saved flight. Go into the saved flights and select the flight you just saved and select it then press fly now. Now enable the VoxATC and it should work fine. If you move the aircraft after enabling VoxATC or load another flight plan (or even another saved flight) without disabling VoxATC you will have problems.Hope this helps and yes they are going to have to look into starting their own support forum. Give them a little time, took five years to get the program ready for mass marketing, I am sure they are going to experience some growing pains now.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest David Lee 2

Thanks Zane,I will give that a try! It does seem like the program is a pretty remarkable achievementDavid

Guest RsZ

I've done extacly what you said and still the same "Fatal Error,disable VoxAtc".Just look,this is a file called err.log:Log Start 2005-01-14 13:25:27init recog startinit recog endsection str = Filename=VoxATC IFR Kansas City Intl to Eppleysection str = Filename=VoxATC IFR Kansas City Intl to EppleyFormat error in MSFP departure idFormat error in MSFP destination idNumericformat error in a MFS waypointNumericformat error in a MFS waypointNumericformat error in a MFS waypointNumericformat error in a MFS waypointWhats wrong then?

Guest RsZ

Btw,my Training Session(FlightPlanTrainer.exe) wont work too,so this is a first problem i think.

Guest flyinfriend

Hi,I had a similar issue in VoxATC and found I couldn't go into the text to speech and voice recognition in Windows XP as well. I would get an error like your's in VoxATC but then I would get an error that said Windows could not start the speech engine when I went into XP speech application under the control panel. I researched it on Microsofts support sight and this is what I did:I went to the following directory and deleted the lexicon file that was under the following directory (it some how became corrupted).C:Documents and SettingstfriendApplication DataMicrosoftSpeechFilesUserLexicons(your lexicon file)After doing this I was able to open the speech app in the control panel and VoxATC worked fine for me.Hope this helps, good luck.Regards,Tom

I think that the posting by Tom regarding a Microsoft speech lexicon file is worth looking in to because that might the problem. If you also have Word, go into that program and try to use the speech recognition built into it. I would also recommend running the VoxATC indexing program again. If you are using the flights and flightplans unaltered that came with the program demo there shouldn't be a problem unless there are some major changes to your scenery database that didn't get picked up on installation or when the indexing program ran after installation. Also send a copy of the err.log to the info@voxatc.com with a description of your problem. I have found their customer service to be excellent.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest RsZ

Well,i think that i will try with SDK 5.1It just simply doesnt work for me now.Thx for the tip