Sign in to follow this  
bursco

Still stuck at Taxi Clearance

Hi, I am still stuck at taxi clearance - it does not seem to do what it or I want it to do. Have attached a piccy. How do I read this back - I am at Mctr(EGCC). It turns blue - have been thro all the training again again. I am losing my voice:) Allthe best denis

Denis,What happens if you taxi to runway 24 right? I think your response might have been heard because of the red instruction to taxi. I understand the losing voice part... had a 15 minute argument with ground this morning trying to send me to the wrong runway... I kept requesting 12 it kept trying to send me to 20 which just wouldn't happen in real life with noise restrictions. I'm going to re-load and try using the prompter and options dialogue (been using the program without the prompter and it usually gets it right but I must be saying something wrong or out of order).If what you want is a different runway try this (which is what I am about to go back to do). Upon getting your taxi instruction hit the "0" key, a list of options for taxi requests should come up, you can select one of these with the upper row numbers and then read as prompted... hopefully all will work. This is not going to be a good program for sick days when I've got laryngitis!!! ha :-lol Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Another very prompt reply - will try what u have suggested, I will return either way. It must work because other people have done it. :) :) :-newbie