Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Just bought voxatc-first experiences

I finally took the plunge and bought this program.First flight was from my home airport of kptk.This did not go so well. The atis repeated every word twice and left out much of the information (silences). I was then told to taxi to a runway that doesn't exist (04) and then could never get ground to recognize my reply.I restarted the sim, and did a real weather flight (real interesting in this area now with heavy snow) from kfnt to kptk.This went great! The program shined-it was very realistic and everything went like I would expect in the real world. Only strange thing was while I was flaring before landing it was giving me taxi instructions.However, when it works-it really is cool-and adds a whole dimension to fs. I'll continue to play with it-but so far I am impressed.Only thing I don't like so far are the robot voices which I already know are going to get annoying. It is too bad that the program can't somehow tap in and use the default microsoft voices for replies which to my ears are very good.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Glad you went for it Geoffrey,Not sure what happened on your first flight. I have resorted to selected a saved flight, even if it the one I just created. I've always noticed a problem with hitting the fly now button after a save flight is performed, the weather and sometimes even the selected aircraft is wrong (this was pre VoxATC). Just works without a hitch by selecting the flight from a saved list.After countless hours of testing and use I don't even really notice the voices now. I do know that this an area being looked into but I don't know if there is a good solution yet because it is linked to the MS SAPI 5.1 program.Hope you find the program as enjoyable as I have. I'm sure you already know that Aeroworx is working on a Baron. That should be the next really good twin to use on the sim ;).Best wishes,Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

I did not know about the Baron-I have been dieing for one! Running to check it out. edit-darn its a 58-I need a 55! I do have my new plane 60 % there but that isn't enough!I tried it voxatc again and from what I can tell it just does not like kptk-at least the atis.I am sure you get used to the voices-but it would be a kill all if they didn't have to sound that way.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

I'll go try KPTK out myself. Meanwhile let support know about it, they've had to fix a few in the past. I know, I wish someone would do a 55. I've got a crazy itch to do a 56 whenever I get this FalconXP finished... that will be an even longer project.Have fun flyin and simmin,Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

I just set up a flight from Oakland Co and no problems although it is a default airport on my sim. You might have added some mods if it is one you fly out of often. I'd first recommend looking into the AFCAD for this airport, if it's been modified there's possibly a duplicate ATIS on same frequency. There is a runway 4 but it might not be used in real life, since this is a tower airport just request taxi to the runway you are most accustomed to using with the present winds.Nice field... I would have had my license pulled for all the stunts I was doing including buzzing the tower ;). It's late and you sure can do stuff on the sim you'd never really try!Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest flyinfriend

Hi,One thing about the repeating ATIS is that if your com1 and com2 are both tuned to the same frequency you will get repeated calls for that frequency. Just make sure your com2 is not tuned to the smae frequency and you should be all set. I am really enjoying this program and as was mentioned previously in the post after a while you don't even notice the MS synthesized voices.Best regards,Tom

There is no runway 04 at kptk-but I just noticed the flightsim lists one so I guess fs has an error in the database. Kinda of hard to taxi to a runway that doesn't exist! :-)It is a fun airport to fly out of as it is almost as busy (2nd busiest in Michigan) as Detroit Metro.Not fun today though shoveling 1 ft. of snow in front of the hangar in 8 degrees.....I tried it again 4 times today at ptk (yes only on comm 1 and no mods added) and had the same problems-missing/repeated words, missing info, and a clearance of course to runway 04.I think it just has a problem here-if I try my other home airport of fnt it works fine.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/104605.jpg