Sign in to follow this  
LOT737

Active Camera 1.3 problem

Hi fellow pilots,suddenly, the mouse wheel stopped working in VC view (with or without an actual VC). With AC, pressing the mouse wheel and moving the mouse around makes the VC view to pan around. Well, it just stopped working. Zooming with the wheel still works. Also, in External view, not a single key works anymore.I tried a lot of things, uninstalled AC v1.3, let FS rebuild fs2002.cfg, installed AC v1.3again. Removed the aircraft I installed since the last session when things still worked. I removed even the gauges. Reinstalled directx, video drivers, tried an older version of FSUIPC, removed all suspicious dll's from the Modules folder, etc., etc...Funny thing is, the blasted wheel works as advertised on my (backup) installation of FS under Win XP (another physical HD, dual boot)Athlon 1700+, K7T266 Pro MoBo, 512 DDR RAM, ELSA GeForce 3, latest VIA 4in1, Win98 SE...Help! :)Thank you!Regards,JureBush Flying Unlimited]"At home in the wild"[/i

This is my picture - I do not know of any situation where you press down the mouse key and move around except active camera. Since scrolling and zooming works, the scrolling function of the mouse may be intact. I presume, the problem is with the mouse itself which somehow lost its senses when you hold the scroll wheel down? A hardware pro could help. :-)Dr. Jinesh ThomasResident in Internal MedicineGauhati Medical CollegeINDIA.

Nah, had a similar problem just some days ago.Heres the solution: In order for active camera to work, it neeeds the reg entries of fs2k2. Otherwise only zooming with the mouswheel will work.Heres what I did.I reinstalled FS2k2 to a different location than my current one (with all the addons) using minimal install (some 700 megs). Then, I went into the windows registry (run-regedit) search for the entries created by the fresh fs2k2 install, and simply change the exe path to the one of my old installation (Then of course I deleted (manually!) that new install of fs2k2). This totally solved my problem.Of course, this is only presuming that ur installation lost its reg entries (like it happened to me, coz I reinstalled my OS)In case u only moved ur fs2k2 folder, simply skip the part with the fresh installation, instead go directly into the windows registry and simply update ur exe path to whereever u moved fs2k2.Hope this helps yaCYA

I think it's something else than a hardware problem, because the same mouse on the same computer works flawlessly, both outside FS (like pressing the mouse wheel to open a hyperlink) and inside FS (under Win XP on another drive).I did check all sorts of files in and under the FS2k2 folder for new dates to see if some config file has been changed. Nothing new has been added, in or out FS. The silly thing simply quit on me. :)JureBush Flying Unlimited]"At home in the wild"[/i

And I thought I was the only one ...The same thing has happened to me!I have two computers running MSFS, the ActiveCamera panning works on one of the computers but not on the other one. I copied the whole MSFS directory from the working one to the one with the problem...still does not work.Win2K and Intel Celeron with the working PC.Win98SE and AMD Athlon with the problem PC.I gave up trying to figure it out!!Tony in Miami

Hi, 2days ago it happened to me. I installed stratoliner to the folder on desktop, to see what gauges, effects etc. files he has. Then I put everything to the fs2002. Then my active camera stopped working! AND CHECK YOUR AFCAD!!! my afcad stopped working, it could not locate my fs2002. I thought that installing stratolier by moving the files from desktop to fs2002 was the problem. So I delete all stratoliner files from aircraft, gauges folder etc. It didn't help. Then I installed stratoliner again, but this time to fs2002 dircetory. It still didn't help. So I uninstalled stratoliner by uninstall exe. and I download SpyBot Search&Destroy. SpyBot found few things and fix it. Then my active camera, afcad. EVERYTHING START WORKING AGAIN!!! but I wasn't sure if spybot helped or uninstallation stratoliner by exe helped. I installed stratoliner again (to fs2002) and everything worked perfectly! SO MY ADVICE IS, DOWNLOAD SPYBOT!It fixes some problem with registry! http://security.kolla.de/Reply me if it helpedI'm sorry for my bad english.Jacek

Guys, read my response.Active camera needs fs2k2's windows registry entries to work. Seems alot of you just copied the folders around, this will not work with Active Camera. Read above for instructions on how to make it work again.If you need more detailed instructions don't hesitate to askLater

Just download SpyBot, it fixed everything for me! You dont have to reinstall fs.Number1overEurope,I did just like you said, but it does't help me.Spybot fixed some problems with registry. and now everything is OK.Jacek

Jacek,there is something in what you say! It happened to me also after installing stratoliner. Coincidence? Downloading Spybot right now!And once more: I haven't moved or installed ANYTHING, except the Stratoliner. The wheel simply stopped working. I'll be back with results... thanks everybody! I'll check the registry as well, of course. :)JureBush Flying Unlimited]"At home in the wild"[/i

Hm, so maybe that's something with stratoliner, I'm confused because I uninstalled stratoliner, and use spybot, and then I run Fs, and everything was fine. Jacek

Jacek, it is NOT the Stratoliner, which is, by the way, a MAGNIFICENT aircraft (Thanks Al!). So, please, no bad words, there is nothing in the zip file that would corrupt Active Camera. :)It is not my registry, either. It is not Sygate Personal firewall, either. I did update it recently.So, what gives? I eliminated every possible factor that occured between the last FS session where AC still worked and the next, when the wheel refused to work...By the way, SpyBot did find some stuff on my disk, so thank you, Jacek! :)JureBush Flying Unlimited]"At home in the wild"[/i

Number1overEurope,I checked every single registry entry, the paths are correct. A while ago, I installed a new disk and WinXP, which made my D: disk become E: . I manually changed all relevant entries in the registry (yeah, I know, I am crazy. :)) I only had FS2k2 installed on that disk anyway.And... everything worked for months, including ActiveSky and RC via WideFS on my old machine (which I haven't touched at all). Is there anything else to check in the registry? Dxdiag.txt in the FS2002 folder does report a bad entry in the registry regarding my old CH Products flightstick, but it has been like that for ages. And Active Camera worked. Gakh, this is a tough one!Ideas more than welcome! Can we crack this one?JureBush Flying Unlimited]"At home in the wild"[/i

Hm, I have stratoliner now, It is great Aircraft! I uninstall stratoliner and use spybot, then everything start working, then I installed stratoliner and everything is still fine.Jacek