Sign in to follow this  
Guest JTWhite

Separating voices ...

Guest JTWhite

Im bored here at work, so Im just thinking up things...Are the VoxATC voices triggered inside flight sim but originate outside the program??I guess what Im getting at is wondering if it would be possible to channel them to a separate speaker or headphones away from the sounds of the flight sim, ie. engines, environment, etc.??Johnnewburgh, IN

At present they operate out of the module within MSFS and the sound cannot be separated. Not sure if the remote version of the program that is being worked will have this ability or not. Don't know how much neighbors and spouses will like the idea you are getting at ;)Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest JTWhite

Nah, wouldnt matter. My flight sim is stuck waaaay upstairs in a far corner of a room size closet. That way, Im far away from the door bell, the TV, the kids and (whiper...) my wife.I really am enjoying this program. I couldnt imagine flying without it now. I dont even notice the robotic voices anymore... and Ive learned to be patient when ATC vectors me out of an airport at 90 degrees to my destination but then puts me on course.Do you think the separation would work with GoFLights ATC panel???John

John,I have only used the demo version at present, but I have the VOXATC coming out of my headphones (with mic) as I have setup my settings for Speech and Recorder (Microphone) to use my motherboard sound card, leaving the primary sound (normal FS sound) to come from my add-in Creative sound card.If you have a seperate sound card and still have legacy on-motherboard sound facilities then you may be able to do something similar. You may need to turn on legacy sound in your BIOS, if it has been turned off, but you could try anyway by looking in the Audio settings under control panel and see whether you have more than one sound source. Obviously you would need to plug your headphones/mic into the different sockets on your motherboard and probably reconfigure the sound recording / Speech configuration. This works a treat for me, and I also use this setup with AVC when flying online.Hope the above helps.Best regards,Stuart Hyett

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Guest JTWhite

What a great idea, Stuart.That's t he kind of thing that was at the heart of my question.I kinda figured VoxATC generated the sound from within the speech software and not Flight sim per se, so it should be able to be separated.Ill give it a try when I get home.John

Thanks for figuring that out Stuart. See what I get for making assumptions :)Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest harvey crosby

I have FS environmental sounds coming out of the desk speakers (engines etc) and ATC in my (USB) headset. In Windows XP, Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices, put the Audio / Sound Playback on your sound card and Voice (Playback and Recording) on headset. Of course, if you haven't got XP....! Hope that's simpler. My experience is you need to set it that way *before* starting MSFS, but having set it, it stays that way.

Guest byoung

When they get VOXATC to run via WideFS, then you can just plug your headset directly into the remote computer... Or you can connect it via Mini to Mini to the IN jack on the sound card of the flight sim computer, and control the sound seperately.Any idea when VOXATC will be compatible with WideFS?Barry

Guest havoc69

Actually you can do this. I use the same theory for my simulator.I have 2 sound cards. One is the built in card and the other is a SB Live card.In the Microsoft Speech program under Control Panel, you can select which sound card / device to listen for microphone and output for the sounds. I use my SB Live card with my David Clark's plugged in through an AVCOMM intercom system. It works like a champ. I just wish I could amplify the david clarks somehow. However, even though they are not so loud, it does mimick the real airplane where you can barely hear ATC sometimes :)