Sign in to follow this  
flightsimmer747

Ultimate traffic and voxatc?

Its really bothering me i would love to have voxatc because of what it offers but it doesn't talk to AI. Any opinion on this. Honestly thats all its missing and this would be the best addon.

>Its really bothering me i would love to have voxatc because>of what it offers but it doesn't talk to AI.What do you mean?You hear conversation with other planes in the vicinity.Yes, these are NOT the Microsoft AI planes. But why would I care? Show me some other ATC program for FS9 which "talks" to AI and this actually results in seperation actions. None does. So this is all academic discussion for now. But I admit - AI stuff is absolutely at the bottom of my priorities. When I fly in real life I see the panel, clouds, landscape all the time. I talk to ATC. But other traffic I see only sporadically - yes, on the tarmac and sometimes in the pattern. Just my $0.02.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Well Ai has been a huge development and although as you said fs9 doesn't talk to it by giving us so many missed approaches it is still amazing having real flights and real flight times around the world. I use ultimate traffic and love it, and i'm one who always wanted something like voxatc. But not if ill be loosing realism by this program not talking to the AI example 737 in front of me and telling me i'm number 2 to land behind it and to slow down, like in the real world. This doesn't happen yet with fs9 thats why it seems radar contact 4 will have this interaction. Again all its missing is voice recocnition, and i asked them on there forum too.However voxatc seems to really have what it takes as far as speaking commands which I agree no other program has at the moment. If its in future plans i want to, so I can decide where to invest. Thats all im saying here!

Joe,We all have our priorities .. ;-)Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Interaction with the AI traffic that you also see is something the developers of VoxATC would very much like to have. I don't know where they are in terms of making this a reality. With some less complex aircraft I have been able to turn on the AI traffic to a low setting which mostly gives a little ground traffic for eye candy. I sat behind a 747 the other day and kept waiting to hear a takeoff clearance but alas we're not there yet. For my needs the improved ATC interaction is much more important.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Just wondering why did you just choose a low setting for AI wouldn't it still work with full AI. Does default atc still talk to AI. Do they still fly around or are they just parked or static traffic.Would it be possible to turn off crash detection and fly with voxatc and fly through the AI?

My computer can't handle full AI and VoxATC at the same time... turns into a slide show and not a very fun one at that. I already turned off the crash detect because of so many invisible things designers place into scenery/aircraft/thin air that will cause a crash... too frustrating and unrealistic anyway.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest harvey crosby

Joe, you won't want to uninstall it, it's great ;-)

Hi Joe,Yes, you should be able to remove the demo with the uninstaller without having any ill effects on the rest of the sim. The installation does not touch any of the built in ATC, in fact you have to go in and turn off the sound for the default ATC so you don't get two voices talking over each other. VoxATC is installed into a seperate folder and is accessed through a module, you will see VoxATC in the menu bar after installing it. To use VoxATC you have to enable it within the sim, if you want to leave it off and fly with the default ATC you just turn the sound back on for ATC.Hope this helps,Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Hi Zane thanks for your reply, your basically saying that i can leave it installed and just disable it? On that note i would like to fly with AI 100% is there a way to have default atc on comm2 so I can listen to where the traffic is?Also which airports will voxatc work at and will it give me clearances all the way to the other airport (any other?) or specific flights therefore point A to B?

Hi again Joe,Yes, you can leave it installed, in fact to use it you will have to enable it in from a drop down menu in the menu bar. The way VoxATC works is to read from a saved flight with attached flight plan. Each time you want to load a new flight you have to disable VoxATC, load the new saved flight with flight plan and then enable VoxATC again. While you could leave the sound on for the default ATC it would not be very pleasant since they would both be trying to use the same frequencies to talk over. The way they generate voices and the voices they use are different but one would be talking over the other... not a usable solution. The demo will be limited to flights between the three airports listed on their website but you can use any aircraft you have and fly any routing you design so you have the opportunity to really check out the program to see if it is what you want to use.If you have a broadband connection download the videos that Eric made and you will get a really good impression of what flying with this program is like. BTW VoxATC doesn't come with the Cessna fuselage, Simkits Cessna panel and projection system which you will also see in the video. It's so nice to find someone even more crazy about simming than myself ;).Cheers,Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest byoung

VoxATC also needs to run on WideFS! I beleive that this is in the works :)Barry