Sign in to follow this  
simpilot22

Alternate Waypoints

Greetings,I use FSBuild2 to compile flightplans, and export them to FSNav, PMDG FMC and FS9, so that they are all reading the same plan. I am finding that after departure, VoxATC will vector me as expected, then direct me to a waypoint not on the flightplan and then issues "resume own navigation". From there, getting back to the flightplan usually is very indirect.Why is VoxATC directing me to a waypoint not on the flightplan? I understand being vectored, but FS9 ATC will vector then direct to own navigation, not send me to an unlisted waypoint.Thanks!Chip B.

Hi Chip,Is this on an IFR flight plan or VFR? IFR flight plans should vector you out of the traffic area and then back onto your planned routing. VFR will vector you away from the traffic area based on the direction you requested when getting your clearance, once clear and told to squawk 1200 you're on your own to return to your previous plan or fly direct if you want.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Hi Chip,Do you have the same thing happening if you use the default FS9 flight planner? Flight plans originating from FSBuild2 or FSNavigator, while similar do not include all the information that VoxATC is looking for and thus can create some difficulty when getting to the enroute phase of flight. I am always using a FS9 created flight plan, even if I plan the flight with FSBuild2 I am manually entering them into the default flight planner because that way they include all the information when using the kneeboard. Also... how far out is the first waypoint on your flight plan? If you are trying to fly a SID you should manually enter it into the SID/STAR setup tool for VoxATC. If your first waypoint is less than 10 miles from your departure airport you usually won't be vectored directly to it but instead onto an intercept course with the airway on your flight plan. When the program shifts into the enroute mode it will either clear you to the waypoint (if close by) or onto the airway your flight plan is on. If you have used anything other than the default flight planner this information is probably missing and VoxATC is probably treating the flight as if it was a direct routing to a navaid or fix.Hope this helps,Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

It's too bad FS2004's built in flight planner stinks :{ Such a pain to zoom in the map and go hunting for a waypoint in that thing.

Guest Ghost

What type of information is only included when using the sims flight planner?

Hello Ghost,Are you the same Ghost from the CH Products forum? (just curious :))If you open up a .pln file from FSBuild2 and from the default flight planner and compare the two you will find that the default plan lists the waypoint ICAO identifier twice instead of once (I think this is why you get frequency information for navaids on your kneeboard), you will also note that the beginning of each enroute phase has a two character alpha-numeric or alphabetical sequence to them which is missing in the FSBuild2 plan. Not completely sure what these are but I think they have something to do with the location of airway as the characters are different in different areas of the world ie Pacific NW US is "K1", Pacific SW is "K2", Germany is "ED". These correspond to the beginning characters of the ICAO identifiers for these regions. I haven't done a FSNavigator plan for years cause I didn't like the way it worked but I can only assume that it is similar to FSBuild2, I recall there not being any frequency info on the kneeboard. Were this information to be included like the default flight planner they probably would work in just the same way when using VoxATC.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest Ghost

nope, I'm not the same ghost as in the other forum. Hey...wait a minute, no one is even supposed to notice me lurking, I am a 'ghost' after all. :-lol I understand what you are saying about the differences in the flight plan, but how does this make VoxAtc work differently?

>I understand what you are saying about the differences in the>flight plan, but how does this make VoxAtc work differently?>>Hi Ghost,I don't know, I'm not the designer or programmer, just a lowly beta tester :-violin . It has been my observation that when someone has a problem with a waypoint not being recognized by VoxATC they usually planned the flight with FSBuild or FSNavigator. I haven't had those same problems but I input the flight plan in the default planner even if it is originally planned on something else, the reason for me was that I preferred having the additional info on the kneeboard.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888