Sign in to follow this  
janar737

VoxATC and Voicebuddy

Hi AllCan anybody tell me if it is posseble to use VoxATC and Voicebuddy at the same time? If so how will the system differentiate between talking to ATC and talking to my virtual co-pilot ?Thanks in advance for any clarificationSee you, Jan

Hi Jan,I haven't tried using VoxATC with Gamecommander (which is the voice command program I have) but I don't see why they wouldn't work together. VoxATC uses a PTT (push to talk) for when you want to direct your speech to talk on the radio. The only possible problem will be Voicebuddy recognizing something you said or something similar to what you said as a command and executing that command. When I was using Gamecommander I programmed a PTT (had to use FSUIPC to program it to one of my yoke buttons) so that extra noises didn't cause unwanted command executes.Let us know if it works for you,Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Hi ZaneThanks for your replyIt partly cleared things up, but a lot of new questionsDo you suggest that I use 2 PTT buttons, one for talking to ATC and another one for talking to my virtual co-pilot ?Can I then program in FSUIPC for wich application a PTT button has to work?See you, Jan

Hi Jan,Yes and yes! I recommend two PTT buttons so that when a noise is heard by the computer it doesn't use system resources trying to figure out if there is something you want it to do. This also allows you to distinguish which voice commands you want sent where, just will make life easier. I found out the hard way by having my wife discover that by saying "shutdown engines" when she walked by the computer room would really cause me big problems! If you have the registered version of FSUIPC you can assign a joystick/yoke button to a keystroke and then assign that keystroke as a PTT for you voice command program (if your voice program doesn't have an allowance for joystick/yoke assignments).Hope this allows you to have even more fun simflying,Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Hi Jan,Using two buttons would be one step closer to realism. One for radio and one for interphone.Tom

Hi Zane,Maybe you can answer this question. One of the flights I like doing is just landings at KSEA. I have developed a flight plan which follows most of a SID for 34R and then picks up part of a STAR for 34R. These are in a flight plan and also in the FMC. When ever I try to do this flight VOXATC ignores all of the waypoints. It just runs you straight out on a heading of 340 then eventually sends you back south and gets you back for a landing at 34R. It never follows any of the preplanned waypoints.Any thoughts?Thanks,Tom

Hello Tom,You say that you have all the points in the flightplan but are you also using the SID/STAR setup menu for VoxATC? You have to input a final point of the SID and an initial and final point of the STAR into this menu for VoxATC to understand that you want to fly this routing, otherwise VoxATC will default to a standard protocol to route you out of the traffic area and then back in for whatever runway weather conditions look favorable for.Hope this helps,Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Hi Zane,I am not sure how to input the initial and final points but will browse the manual and see what I can find.Thanks,Tom

Hi Tom,On your computer you should find the VoxATC SID/STAR setup from within your start menu. Just follow it to "All Programs/VoxATC/Sid Star Setup." Once there you have to open the flight plan that you want to use, specify which waypoints and the altitudes. The manual should explain this pretty well.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888