Sign in to follow this  
THibben

VOXATC Problems

While I think VOXATC has greast potential, it still has a long way to go.I have continous problems with it getting confused as to where it is in the sequence and just locking up. It will often tell you to switch to another frequency and then just never answer you there. There is no backing out of the problem. While it seems to have no problem recognizing my responses during the initial contacts once you are handed off by tower to the next controller it either doesn't answer or you can PRECISELY respond and it will keep repeating and might respond after three tries or may never respond.Many times during startup it will initialize and tell you to switch to ATIS but there is no voice. Most of the time I have to close the program and restart it to get voice.I have removed and reinstalled the program at least twice to no avail.My system is 3G with 1G of mem and a ATI Radeon 9800 card so I don't think it is a system problem. ATC is also turned off.I hope if a patch is ever released it will fix some issues. The FAQ page is of no help as it hasn't been added to since release.Tom

Hi Tom,I haven't had the problem with ATIS not giving sound but your are taking the correct action in deactivating and restarting VoxATC when that happens. I have experienced switching to another frequency and not getting a response. One of the tips that Tegwyn (the developer) gave me was that when you see the text change color it only means that your call sign was recognized. You may still have to repeat the phrase to get a response, indicating that the program has responded to your request/call-in. Some words are more difficult than others so do use the flight plan trainer if there is a specific flight or phrase/word that seems to be giving the trouble. I have also noticed that if my CPU is under load I sometimes don't hear a click upon first pressing the PTT button, this can lead to a "say again" so if I notice that I will release the PTT and press again waiting for the click sound before talking.Present version is 2.71 and I do know there are plans for continued development.Sorry can't be of more help,Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Hi Zane,Thanks for the info. I have been in contact with Paul via E-Mail and we are trying to work the problem. Sometimes it works reasonable well and other times it is just pure frustration. I know it is not PTT and I haven't had any really unusual plans.He sent me a file to record any errors so we will see what that shows.Tom

Guest flightsimmer999

I agree that this program would be the best add on for FS2004 and has a great potential however, the execution is VERY POOR!...Downloaded the demo and been playing with that for 3 days now...the program seems to lock up and simply quit after a few minutes...many other problems such as repeating/looping a request forever...in addition, when FS is paused, VOXATC keeps going...What a shame, this could have been such a great program...maybe in the future we'll try it again...