Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ghost

Any News

Guest Ghost

Has anyone heard of anything new happening with VoxATC?Any new updates in the works, any details?It's very quiet around here, just wonderin' if anything is happening?

Hi Ghost,Yes, it's been quiet. I know the next update is planned to have some advances in VFR flight logic. I'm looking forward to testing it out and will let you all know when it becomes available.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest TPT82

Hi ZaneI am anxiously awaiting the next update. Someday I will use all of the IFR features. For now I am concentrating on VFR flights. VoxATC makes a great tool for learing aviation communication. I am a student pilot right now. I just load the registration number of the aircraft I use most, and go. It is neat to hear the "simulator" identify you, and give you instructions. Can you give us any uh....hints...}( about what is being improved? I am sometimes amazed at software devolpers. They create a program that is great "as is", and then just keep improving on it. As you can tell by my post. I am a very satisfied customer.By the way, thanks for checking in here once in a while and keeping us updated.Nick

Guest RichardL

Zane,How's that update progressing?Richard

I haven't been using Voxatc much lately - again waiting for an update.Today I tried the VFR flight to Eppley and it went so well I want to try it again. I'd like to generate a new VFR flight and use the program to teach my new student, but I couldn't change the call sign of the airplane to the Flight1 C172R I just bought for that purpose. Where did I go wrong? Where do I change it and/or enter it?Thanks.Russ

Guest TPT82

HiI have not used Vox for awhile, so forgive me if my directions are not exact. This should at least point you into the right direction. When you are in FS9, look at the taskbar at the top of the screen. If you are in 3D mode hit ALT key. VoxATC either has it's own dropdown menu, or it will be in the Modules menu. You will see the heading for changing the "N" number in the drop down.I changed it to the Airplane that I fly most of the time. My instructor gave me high marks in communication almost right away. I definently owe that to VoxATC.If my instructions were not clear enough, let me know and I will get back with the exact proceedure. Nick

Nick,Thanks for your reply and your very good memory. It is exactly as you said.Not finding where to change it was driving me nuts and my thoughts were just no going to that place.Thanks again.Russ

Guest TPT82

Russ,I am glad I was able to help! :) Take CareNick

Guest tboldt

>Has anyone heard of anything new happening with VoxATC?>>Any new updates in the works, any details?>>It's very quiet around here, just wonderin' if anything is>happening?>Ghost - I recently contacted VoxATC regarding another issue and voiced a similar concern. Paul Carter had this to say. "...we havn't made a lot of noise recently because we are hard at work on the next version.""...we are working on our next version 3.0 which is projected for release at the end of the year."Hope that helps.Tim

Guest RichardL

Tim,Actually, I was wondering about the next "update". I was not aware that a new "version" was being worked. Zane posted this a few months ago, "To answer your question, yes. There are many items being worked on and I am hoping to get a beta version of next update very soon."Are we confusing "updates" with "versions"?Regards,Richard

Guest tboldt

Richard - I don't feel confused. (Then again, if I was, would I know it??? :() I'm just quoting their response. Here's the deal....I just recently tried the demo of VoxATC. (An impressive add-on!) While messing with it, I read through this forum and checked out their site. I saw Zane's post, too and like you've already pointed out, that was awhile ago. Also, I had some questions about using multiple monitors and other things. So, I fired off an email. I voiced a concern that before I commited to aprox $90.00 US (The cost of the app with the much needed AT&T voices.), I wanted to make sure they were still working on it. I asked for an update schedule and if they were still actively developing the product. Paul promptly responded to my questions and recognized my concerns.He said that they do not have an update schedule, updates are done as needed and most customers are using the current version, without major issues. (Forgive the lack of an exact quote, I'm responding from work.)He went on to mention the upcoming version.Given his response and the fact that we're already aproaching the 4th quarter, I'm assuming that the next "update" is going to be version 3. That's just my take on it, though.That's all I know. Feel free to draw your own conclusions. Tim

Guest tboldt

Richard (And all those chomping at the bit, for an update.), Now that I'm home and re-reading the email, it appears my recollection of it wasn't as accurate as it could have been. I totally missed that he DID say 3.0 was the next update. (I guess it's not "just my take on it" after all. Sorry.;()For clarity's sake, I have posted the entire email below. Hello TimothyTo answer your questions:1. We will issue updates to fix any bugs in the current version (2.71). So far we havn't had to do this for some time as the current version is working well for our users. Rather than add features incremetally we are working on our next version 3.0 which is projected for release at the end of the year.2. If you have the main FS window full screen you should still be able to drag the VoxATC window onto the 2nd monitor without it disappearing. I use two monitors and do this myself. Try having FS full screen on the 1st monitor (not windowed) and then drag the>VoxATC window to the 2nd screen.3. We are looking into ways of making the window transparent in 3.0.I quite understand your concerns, we havn't made a lot of noise recently because we are hard at work on the next version. However, as you can read on the AvSim forum we do everything we can to support our customers.RegardsPaul Carter >>