Sign in to follow this  
Guest marchetti man

Unable to contact FSS

Guest marchetti man

Hi everybody,Well I

Hi Marchetti Man,My suspicion is with the program picking up the sound for Terre Haute FSS. Since it is waiting for this and you have said it, even trained for it, but it still isn't recognized the program is in a continuous pause. Paul may have already had you try this but say "anyplace" instead of "Terre Haute" and see if the program will continue. You may have to repeat your command a few times, just because the prompter text turns blue doensn't mean the entire phrase was recognized... just the call number. I have had a very similar problem with "Couer de Alene" hence I don't fly there with VoxATC anymore ;).Hope this helps,Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest marchetti man

Hi Zane, Well, I think I'll do the same with this flight (won't fly there anymore) thing is I usually fly IFR, and if I fly form Delaware county, Johnson field IFR, I don't have any trouble. Go figure.Well, I have tried many different ways to get through to "Terre Haute radio". I followed Paul Carter's suggestions and file's and also your suggestions but still cannot get through. I have been flying many other flights in the same area with great results from the same Terre Haute FSS on 122.1 but from Muncie, Ind. it is dead. I don't have to fly Muncie, VFR and if that's the only one I have trouble with I'll just let it go.Other than this one problem, I have been having great results with VoxATC and would not trade it for anything. The only time I have a problem is when I stumble in my speech (I do have to talk rather briskly for good reliability) but it's just great. I fly the RealAir SIAI Marchetti SF-260, 2005 and I just love it. I don't fly anything else anymore, that's why I use the name Marchetti man. Thanks, and let's talk again soon. Dell, Demension XPS - Generation 2 computerWindows XP Home edition with service pack 2Pentium 4 CPU /3.0GHz1024 RAM128 DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro video card-w/TV- Out and dual 19" monitors, CRT/DFPUSB SoundBlaster Audigy 2 nx audioALTEC Lansing ACS 5 speakerseDimentional and/or Labtec LVA-7330 headsetsFS-9.1RealAir, SIAI Marchetti SF-260, 2005TrackIR v4 w/Vector Expansion visual head controlVoxATC version 2.71 voice communicationsVoice Buddy key controlCH Products Pro Yoke/ Pro pedals, USBWest Bend dual timer/clock

Guest marchetti man

Hi All,Hey Zane, Paul sent me a new file that corrected the callup to the Terre Haute FSS. For one thing, the old file said "Johnson Fie" instead of "Johnson Field", it worked perfect on the first try."Now all is well with the world again". Regards, Marchetti man.

Fantastic news. Like I've always said the customer service provided by the crew at VoxATC is outstanding.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888