Sign in to follow this  
russ69

VoxATC Flight Plan

HI,My question is, can I have a VFR flight without opening/ closing a VFR flight plan? The capability is nice to have but I want the option to fly without one. I also want to be able to make a flight without flight following. Can I do it?An example is a training flight from Reid-Hillview to Hollister both in California southeast of San Jose. For training purposes I created and saved a VFR straight-line flight to Hollister, then saved it in My Saved Flights, and finally loaded it. I thought ATC would clear me for a turn to the southeast directly on course and then sign off. Instead I was given a clearance to fly straight out and contact departure while climbing to my cruising altitude of 3500 feet. I contacted departure and was given a couple of left turns that brought me over San Jose International before turning me back to intercept my course to 3O7. That would not happen in the real world; as every day I fly out of RHV I simply get a right or left down wind departure. Class "C" and

Guest tboldt

Russ - I'm pretty sure you can't use voxatc, without a flight plan. (Otherwise, why require it in the first place.) I would guess it uses the .pln file to determine the needed ATC callsigns and sequencing, then just polls FS9 for timing cues. Zane?To the other question, I think this may have been addressed, in a previous post. (Although, I can't seem to find it right now, to give you the link.)If I remember correctly....Is "Enroute Traffic Instructions" checked, in the Options window? If so, try un-checking it. They could be routing you around the imaginary traffic.Tim

Tim,Thank you very much for your answer. I realize I have to use a flight plan to know where you are going. It's just that I want one where I don't have to open a flight plan and have flight following. I'm not against them it's just that in the beginning it's too much communication. Later on they can be added. Tim, you hint at the very solution in your reply when you say, "I would guess it uses the .pln file to determine the needed ATC callsigns and sequencing, then just polls FS9 for timing cues." If VoxATC uses the .pln file to determine the needed call signs I'd like to believe it could "not" use some of them also and thus a simple disable or enable box for checking would do the job just like "Enroute Traffic Instructions".When I read your reply I was concerned my question was needless because I couldn't recall if I had "Enroute Traffic Instructions" checked. I didn't. I think it is the proximity to class "C" airspace that causes the vectoring. In any case I got around the vectoring by making a flight plan out in the San Joquin Valley from Merced to Tracy.Thanks again.Russ

Guest tboldt

Russ"...I'd like to believe it could "not" use some of them also and thus a simple disable or enable box for checking would do the job..."Being able to toggle the different sections, of the flight plan?That's a really good idea! Maybe you should fire that one off to VoxATC. Later,Tim