Sign in to follow this  
aerdt

VOX ATC review

Sorry, but my VOX ATC demo is collecting dust. I am just not a big fan of synthesized voices, although the MS Speech API is great for voice recognition. I rather fly VATSIM, if I want to use voice.Another big let-down (actually in all 3rd party ATC solutions), is that AI traffic is completely left out. Having a ton of missed approaches after hours of flying spoils the entire fun, just because a stupid AI craft is sitting on the runway.I do think it is a great idea and concept, but just not mature enough.Just my two cents.

I am afraid mine is gathering dust too. I really would like to use it more but with the add on voice packs the speech was painfully slow. I also have problems with the dialogue box disappearing when using full screen mode on multi-monitors.It is a great concept though so looking forward to the next release.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Sorry to hear you haven't been enjoying VOX ATC. I'm not sure only trying the demo is a fair way to evaluate VOX ATC.If I take the time so set up a flight with the SID and STAR routing I find it to be an AMAZING program. If you add the additional layers of add-on software (PMDG 737NG, plus FS2Crew), and weather . . . well all I can say is I've had a lot of fun with it. Don't get me wrong, VATSIM is wonderful, too . . . but on those occasions when there aren't many VATSIM controllers around you can create an experience using VOX ATC that's well worth your money and time. Respectfully,Slugger

Guest cfh2k3

I just read about this product on the Avsim home page and thought I'd check it out. So,do they pronouce words the way we would normally hear them? If they sound like the ones at this site "http://www.naturalvoices.att.com/demos/" then I'm not impressed.Example: "heading 260 degrees" the "260" is pronounced "two hundred sixty" instead of two six zero.....I couldn't get used to that.

The voices on the original VoxATC release are even more robotic sounding than the ATT Natural Voice sets, but I don't mind them at all. I'm usually too busy with the realistic approach that VoxATC has me flying to pay attention to how the voices sound.Respectfully,Slugger

Guest tboldt

>I just read about this product on the Avsim home page and>thought I'd check it out. So,do they pronouce words the way we>would normally hear them? If they sound like the ones at this>site "http://www.naturalvoices.att.com/demos/" then I'm not>impressed.>Example: "heading 260 degrees" the "260" is pronounced "two>hundred sixty" instead of two six zero.....>I couldn't get used to that.>>>>No they don't. The phrasing is correct, in the program. You are formatting the demo incorrectly. To get a better idea, enter your headings into the demo as 260.Tim

Guest thx1137

It would be great if the addons could interact with the AI aircraft though I am not find it a problem myself using VoxATC. One thing with the voices being slow, they can be sped up, I haven't tried it myself though as its fast enough for me atm so maybe they don't speed up enough?Steven.

>Another big let-down (actually in all 3rd party ATC>solutions), is that AI traffic is completely left out. It only shows how vastly different priorities we all have. I actually like the fact that AI traffic is completely left out. I personally don't like AI (because of perf. hit and other issues) but still would like to be able to hear pertinent ATC chatter - otherwise I would feel alone in the air.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg