Sign in to follow this  
Guest kloker

Vox ATC DVD

Guest kloker

I just read where Vox ATC is releasing a DVD which includes the AT&T voices.I have the program and the voices already. Does anyone know if the DVD contains any improvements, or is it just a repackaging of the product plus voices?It's still a great program.keith2W6

Kieth,I have 'Vox ATC' but noit the 'AT&T voices.How do they fit into the program and are they worth buying, please?Dave T. .........On the lovely warm Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

I think the AT&T voices make a substantial improvement over MS Mike. Use the forum search feature and look for threads with AT&T Natural Voices in the title or body. There are several lengthy discussions of this issue. I am looking forward to ver 3 which is supposed to be released later in the year. Hopefully the voxatc website will be updated to fully explain the recent DVD version.

Guest tboldt

>Kieth,>>I have 'Vox ATC' but not the 'AT&T voices.>>How do they fit into the program and are they worth buying,>please?>>Dave T. .........On the lovely warm Devon Riviera and active>'FlightSim User's Group' member at>http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/VoxATC does not actually have any voices included. (AT&T or other.)What it does is utilize XP's built-in speech recognition and text-to-speech capabilities. (Hence the default use of MS Mike.) The AT&T voices are add-ons for the MS app and can be used by any program that utilizes it. As to whether they are worth it, I would say yes. (Unless you enjoy getting your clearances from Stephen Hawking!) However, as Bruce has pointed out, there are several older threads that discuss this in detail. Check them out and make your own call. Personally, I like the cheaper 8 bit versions. They are still much better than MS Mike but the lower resolution makes them sound a little more realistic coming across the radio. (It would be nice if you could choose which ones to include in the bundle!)Tim

Guest tboldt

>I just read where Vox ATC is releasing a DVD which includes>the AT&T voices.>>I have the program and the voices already. Does anyone know>if the DVD contains any improvements, or is it just a>repackaging of the product plus voices?>>It's still a great program.>>>keith>2W6>>>>The Avsim store is releasing the bundled DVD. (You can purchase the program directly from VoxATC but the AT&T voices have to be purchased elsewhere.)I would bet it's just version 2.71, with the 16 bit voices bundled. Basically, the same thing offered by rc-simulations but more accessable than buying from the UK.VoxATC's Paul Carter has already said that the new version 3 is due out at year's end. It would be nice if he/they could clarify how that release will affect this. (i.e. Will the upgrade to 3 be free? Will the new version come pre-bundled with the voice add-ons? etc.)Tim

Yes it would be nice to know.Strikes on one of my beefs-I have probably 45 -50 fs add ons (not to mention pocketpc programs/desktop etc.)that have been "downloaded" instead of purchased on a cd. This of course saves the software producer money on cd packaging/advertising etc.Is it too much that a loyal customer be informed by email when there is an upgrade? I was a little astonished to see this anouncement on the avsim page-how about an email to me that purchased it?! Frankly I could probably spend hours a day searching for upgrades for all the programs I have bought on all my systems. I really don't have the time. I paid good money- I would think an email (email address usually required at the purchase)-a link- informing a loyal customer of an upgrade would be the very least...I don't normaly complain-but I am getting fed up with this system-let alone the hassle one has when one needs to reinstall. Out of the total 100 programs I have bought in such a fashion-I get this kind of support from perhaps 3-4.Makes me not want to buy anything anymore....http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Guest thx1137

Maybe they will send an email when an upgrade becomes available, whens the last time they released an update? I wouldn't consider the deluxe set an upgrade because it just bundles stuff we can already buy if we want and uses the same VoxATC as supplied at VoxATC.com. It also seemed to be implied that the deluxe version was created by a publisher, not the VoxATC guys so unless your on the publishers mailing list you won't know about it. I could be wrong though.I don't know of many vendors that just notify when updates are available, most put advertising ("newsletters") in them too. If they (in general) just supplied update notifications only that would be great.Steven.