Sign in to follow this  
russ69

VoxATC Status

Hi,Has anybody bought the Delux program? Have any comments? Where are all the comments on this forum that we normally see when a program first comes on the market? I'm wondering why the company is so lacking in communication. Does anybody know?The thought comes to my mind that the company doesn't care if any one buys the program because of their lack of communication. Having bought the original program I like it. It appears to have great potential. I'd love to see a listing of the capabilities in the original next to what is included/added to the delux version. Is it only the voices? I thought the original price was high but worth a try and now of course am wondering about this latest version which is priced much higher - if original purchasers will get the Delux Version at some reduced price as an inducement or recognition. Russ

Guest thx1137

Yes it is quiet although most boards would be quiet if you take the complaints out so maybe this is a good thing! I am currently flying my first flight and it is really good. I bought a pair of AT&T voices and think it sounds great, I hate the standard MS voices.As far as I can see the difference between the Deluxe version and the 'standard' version is that the deluxe version includes 2 AT&T voices. (correct me if wrong!) I should think then that you wouldn't need to buy the deluxe version but just buy the voices. Thats what I did.I purchased the voices from www.nextup.com. Each voice weighs in at over 500mb each so they take awhile to download. They do sell CDs too though.Oh, as as for quiet. I think VoxATC is not advertised enough as I frequent quite a few sites and never heard of it until a couple of days ago so it's probably FS2004s best kept secret!Steven.

Guest cd

YES I AM A DEAD-SET NEW BOY TO THIS VOICE ACTIVATED ATC....But I have been Emailed by PC Aviator Re. this VOX ATC DELUXE program Being an ex ATPL there are some questions I would like answered about it before I spend my OAP buying a copy,? So if anyone can help please feel free to jump on in at any time ???Q1. Does VOX ATC DELUXE (VAD)use its own ATC voices or the default ones that come with FS9 ?Q2.Is it compatible with the FS TRAFFIC 2005 program ATC voices ?Q3.In real life the PIC calls atc and asks for:- Start up clearance? Pushback clearance? Taxi clearance? Take off clearance? ETC. ETC.Q4.Can you still talk to ATC after TO? (like SARs etc.)?Q5.Can you tune to all the ATC channels? Clearance Delivery,Ground,Tower,and all the EnRoute ATC stations during the flight? Q6.Do the ATC accents change when in Australia,The USA,Europe?Well these are just a few of the questions that come to mind ....Thanking you all in anticipation for your replies !Cheers from Sunny Australia and from me Old CD (Cathay Pacific Retired)

>YES I AM A DEAD-SET NEW BOY TO THIS VOICE ACTIVATED ATC....>>But I have been Emailed by PC Aviator Re. this VOX ATC DELUXE>program >Being an ex ATPL there are some questions I would like>answered about it before I spend my OAP buying a copy,? So if>anyone can help please feel free to jump on in at any time>???>>>Q1. Does VOX ATC DELUXE (VAD)use its own ATC voices or the>default ones that come with FS9 ?>The Deluxe version has the ATT voices that are used by the Microsoft SAPI 5 voice recognition and readback programming.>Q2.Is it compatible with the FS TRAFFIC 2005 program ATC>voices ?>No>Q3.In real life the PIC calls atc and asks for:- > Start up>clearance?> Pushback>clearance?> Taxi >clearance?> Take off>clearance?> ETC. >ETC.>The present VoxATC programming has you ask for IFR clearance, Taxi and Takeoff. At present time no start-up or pushback clearance is set in the program.>Q4.Can you still talk to ATC after TO? (like SARs etc.)?>After takeoff you are handed off to Departure so you do keep talking>Q5.Can you tune to all the ATC channels? Clearance>Delivery,Ground,Tower,and all > the EnRoute ATC stations during the flight? >The ATC channels used will be all those programmed in to FS2004. I know for some FSS frequencies Microsoft didn't include them in the airport info so VoxATC will default to "Utopia radio." This can easily be changed with AFCAD so the airport has the appropriate frequency and name (you will have to run the VoxATC indexer after making this change).>Q6.Do the ATC accents change when in Australia,The>USA,Europe?>No>Well these are just a few of the questions that come to mind>....>Thanking you all in anticipation for your replies !>Cheers from Sunny Australia and from me Old CD (Cathay Pacific>Retired)>Thanks for all the questions... this program doesn't do everything yet. At present time it best models FAA terminology and procedures used in the USA.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest cd

Thank you very much for your prompt and honest reply David , It was gratefully appreciated however I think at this stage I will hold off until the next updateRegards from Sunny Australia and Dave Freedman

Hi Dave,Before you make up your mind so quick, have you tried the demo out? It allows use of three different US airports and has three included demo flights which will give you a very good impression of how the program works and if you are going to like it or not. You can find it at: www.voxatc.comWe will hopefully be seeing the next version in the next few months, keep your fingers crossed :).

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest cd

Hi David,Well I downloaded the Demo Version OK But was unable to load it onto my PC....I kept getting a message telling me that "NO FLIGHTSIMULATOR INSTALLED ! " TRY AGAIN !!What is the possable problem ? as there is FS9 Installed on my PC ?Regards Dave

>Hi David,>Well I downloaded the Demo Version OK But was unable to load>it onto my PC....I kept getting a message telling me that "NO>FLIGHTSIMULATOR INSTALLED ! " TRY AGAIN !!>What is the possable problem ? as there is FS9 Installed on my>PC ?>Regards DaveHmmm... my first thoughts are have you used the default location for FS9 ("c:program files/microsoft games/flight simulator 9")? You might have installed flight simulator on a secondary drive ("d:") but I had this setup when I first tested VoxATC so shouldn't be a problem. I am curious if there is a registration entry that the installation program is looking for that is presently not there, a possible difference in the Australian version of the game when compared to the US and UK versions... if there is in fact a different version sold there. Another thought is if you are using the no-cd exe file it might be interfering, you can change back to the original exe file and try another install if that is the case (I have run into this with other installation programs).Make sure you let support@voxatc.com know about the installation problem you are having.BTW my name is Zane and not David ;)Best wishes,Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

>Hi David,>Well I downloaded the Demo Version OK But was unable to load>it onto my PC....I kept getting a message telling me that "NO>FLIGHTSIMULATOR INSTALLED ! " TRY AGAIN !!>What is the possable problem ? as there is FS9 Installed on my>PC ?>Regards DaveHi David!I got this also. I fixed it by navigating to my fs directory and cut and pasted it's location into the voxATC setup screen. Must have been a typo I quess.Hi to the rest of you! I found this program by shear chance. I just boughtt it after testing the demo for a few days. With the suggestions I found in this fourm, I also purchased and installed Mike and Crystal... thanks!I was supprised to read here that voxATC only uses "one" voice. Thanks again for sharing that info... I was going to DL more voices (almost a DOH!). Although, I might try a voice with a Brittish accent. Has anyone convirmed that if you use a voice based on a language other than English, that it will read the english with an accent??? That would be worth a download if it does!!!Thanks in advance for any answers. I look forward to participating in discussions about this program. It's a keeper for sure!

Guest cd

Thanks for all your replies,I have now fixed the problem (I did a reinstallation of FS9)All up and working well now.I too am looking forward to monitoring this forum for further information regarding VOX ATC DELUXE and any further updates.Pity about the Yank Accented Voices only,the programmers should remember that the English accent is more common than the American one throughout the world of aviation ! unless you happen to live in the United States or Iraq !!!Cheers from Sunny Australia and CD

Guest cd

Hi Guys,I have just got off the phone to a pilot mate in Sydney Australia,he is a Flightsimming fanatic and very serious about his Simming also being a real world Commercial Pilot he knows the score as regards ATC etc. My point being this,He was full of praise for "VOX ATC DELUXE" He couldn't find any faults with it what-so-ever,None,Zilch,Nothing !!! This speaks heaps as far as I am concerned and I've ordered my copy and can't wait to get it and start using it....OK I know I was sceptical at first but after speaking to a few reciprecants of the new DVD Version I changed my mind 100%Once I get it installed and working I will post my opinion here and give it my 1 to 10 rating...Cheers from Sunny Australia and the Old CD. WATCH THIS SPACE !

Guest chrisnorris

:-D have you heard the demo?The pilot starts with TwinOtter and the ATC replies TWY-NOTTER!During the demo the pilot starts to say Twy-Notter as well for some bizarre reason.As for the voices themselves, well FS2004 atc sounds better - if I want to listen to a female Steven Hawking I could have done that on my ZX Spectrum back in 1985!Really they could have done much better than that - and if better voices ARE available then they really should sort out their demo.Chris

Guest cd

I fully agree with you old chap,Read my last Posting in the Virtual Qantas Pilots Lounge, if you are unable to here it is :-.....................................................................QVA03 Base Training Captain Dave Freedman Wednesday, October 5, 2005 at 03:09:57 UTC ------------------------------------MY ASSESMENT OF THE NEW VOX ATC DELUXE DVDWell chaps I owe you some sort of an apology regarding VOX verses VATSIM ! I'm afraid , Vox doesn't live up to its advertising schpeele...O it does do all they say it will,but with a heck of allot of reservations !!For Example :-1.IT PUTS A GREAT BIG WORD BOX ON YOUR SCREEN THAT TELLS YOU EXACTLY WHAT TO SAY TO THE ATC CONTROLLER (Yes it can be removed by using the "O" key all the time...more work for the poor pilot to do )2. THE ATC VOICES ARE REAL VOICES,BUT THE INSTRUCTIONS THEY GIVE YOU ARE COMPUTER GENERATED (And sound like it !)3.YOU HAVE TO SAY EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE TOLD TO REPLY,OR YOU DON'T GET AN ANSWER IN OTHER WORDS (There is no free flowing conversation accepted ! Like you have with VATSIM or indeed real world ATC)4.THE INSTALLATION AND HOW TO USE THE PROGRAM IS A BIT TRICKY,AND YOU DEFIANTLY NEED TO PRINT OUT THE 57 PAGE INSTRUCTIONS THAT COME WITH ITApart from all the above its OK (Just )...On a scale of 1 to 10 I wouldn't give it more than a 5-regards from a very wet and windy WAand The old C.D.PLEASE REMEMBER This is my opinion only........................................................................

Guest belairvideo

>:-D have you heard the demo?>The pilot starts with TwinOtter and the ATC replies>TWY-NOTTER!>During the demo the pilot starts to say Twy-Notter as well for>some bizarre reason.>As for the voices themselves, well FS2004 atc sounds better ->if I want to listen to a female Steven Hawking I could have>done that on my ZX Spectrum back in 1985!>Really they could have done much better than that - and if>better voices ARE available then they really should sort out>their demo.>ChrisHi Chris.As the maker of the demo, I take your point. My Twin Otter simulator should of course been referred to as twin and not twine and this is a strange glitch that is being sorted out. To be on the safe side, the pilot chose to use twine instead of twin to avoid confusion. The sim is an Otter, and we decided to go this route rather than switch aircraft. As far as I know, there have not been any other pronunciation problems with VOX. Perhaps if anyone notices anything, they could post comments? As a pilot myself, I can assure people that real ATC is not much better than VOX - and is sometimes worse! Fluctuations of level, clarity and voice pitch go to making the transmission very much like a robot. Other people have said that real ATC can sound like the two way system in a taxi! Lets face it folks, with VOX, we are talking to a hard drive - NOT a person - how much better do you want it? A great alternative would be to start flying for real and experience talking to real people - but at

Guest RichardL

Zane,Is there any news you can share on the update/new version?Richard