Sign in to follow this  
Guest 747 FO

Contact Center

Guest 747 FO

I registered my VoxATC today. I have a few questions about the VoxATC before I get to know more. 1. The names of centers that I contact troughout the flight are not realistic to real world. I flied IFR (High Altitude Airways) with MSFS flight planner. When I fly over a specific airspace, I need to contact the center which is far far away from the routes or the airspace I am in. Is there anything I can do to solve this? I think it was an inherent problem in MSFS itself. Or am I missing somehitng? 2. Does VoxATC separate traffic by assigning a lower speed? 3. In VoxATC, can I request a direct to particular waypoint to short-cut the routes? During the flight, I pressed 0 in the prompt box and I didn't see any options relating to that. So can I assume that VoxATC does not support 'request to waypoints'?

Hi "747 FO"In response to your three questions:1. VoxATC takes the names programmed by MSFS for its use. I know for specific airports I can sometimes modify any of the names using AFCAD. There are some areas of the world that are more correct than others. Where are you making your flights?2. When using VoxATC to route around traffic you will be given vectors instead of speed changes. You will get speed assignments when flying an approach and around a terminal area. In its present form I usually leave this feature off unless flying a slower piston aircraft, faster aircraft usually end up having to fly a full 360 to get back on track.3. There are no options for flying direct to a waypoint from within VoxATC itself, you can try disabling VoxATC, making the flight plan change from within the MSFS flight planner, then save your current in progress flight and new flight plan and then open it as a saved situation and enabling VoxATC for an enroute startup and see if that works. I know, its enough work that its not that realistic but I can't think of another way to get the program to do what you are asking at present.Hope this helps,ZanePS. I'm looking forward to the next version but don't have any word yet on release dates or even testing.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest 747 FO

Thank you for your quick reply. I can lef go of those issues. :) BTW I contacted the VoxATC support. I also appreciate their quick reply. They said they were looking to incorporate the request to a waypoint function in Ver3 and this version will be available early next year.