Sign in to follow this  
Guest sulebust

WoxATC Indexer ... how to index files outside of FS9 default folders?

Guest sulebust

During installation I noticed that the VOX ATC made an index of the files under the FS2004 default installation path.However, I have chosen to install most of my addons in a separate folder outside of the default diorectory. Do the VOX ATC need to index these files as well ?If so... how can I make it index these files. I cannot find anywhere I can specify where to index. Any clues ?RegardsBernt

Please forgive me if I sound dumb, but how does FS know where to find your addons? In other words, if FS knows where they are (by some sort of reference) than I would assume that the voxATC indexer would find that reference... no?Let me know if I am on the right track or not.Murray

Ya lost me Bernt on this one. The indexing VoxATC will do is for reading the scenery files for airport, navaid, intersection, airway, ATC information and also the individual aircraft. If you have been able to run VoxATC without issues it may just be working fine with whatever you have done with your add-on files. If, however you try to load an aircraft that isn't where it is expected to be you might find yourself with an error and unable to load VoxATC. BTW, anytime you do add an aircraft or more scenery (even updates many times) you will have to run the indexer once again to update VoxATC's information database.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest sulebust

Hi !Thank you for your replies !I will try to specify a little more...My main FS installation is located as usual under C:Program Files - Microsoft Games - FS9 (or whatever it is named - I'm at work and dont remember all the names correctly).Airplanes are installed under the Aircraft folder in the same structure.But to keep easier track of addons (sceneries, airports, mesh files, landclass etc) these are installed in a separate folder C:Flightsimxxx. I believe that the scenery files for additional airports which I have installed are located in the corresponding folders in this structure.It is very easy to include these into the FS2004 by clicking on the "Add scenery" button (I dont remember the correct button name now - I'm at work) and just refer to the folder where they are installed. Then the correct path for these addons are added to e.g. the scenery.cfg file. When I ran the WoxATC indexer it shows which paths and folders it is searching through. It did only refer to the default FS2004 installation folders, not the folder in which I'm installing my addons. Thus I believe that my addon airports are not correctly defined in the WoxATC (?). My question would then be if there are any way I can configure the indexer or specify to which folder structures it should search through for files that should be indexed? To me it appears to default to the FS2004 default installation folders only.Best regardsBernt

Guest sulebust

Hi again !Just got the following info from VoxATC Support.As you can see this says that you have to have all addons installed under the default FS folders to have them recognized by VoxATC.This I find disappointing as it takes away some of the flexibility of the FS2004. I have replied asking if this will be changed in a future update etc.Bernt From: info@voxatc.com> Sent: 2005-09-30 09:47:04 CEST> To: sulebust> Subject: VoxATC> > Hello Bernt> > All scenery (with facilities info, airports and navigation) and aircraft > that you want VoxATC to recognise must be installed in the FS2004 > folder, or in sub-folders of this folder.> > Regards> > Paul Carter>

Hi Bernt,Aah, now I see what you have done :). Unless there are significant changes to the airports in your add-ons, ie new runways, changed comm frequencies, new navaids, entire airports, etc, there shouldn't really be any big problems. If you find a specific airport you fly into though that just doesn't seem to work right in VoxATC you have your answer. Remember VoxATC is programmed with a lot of thinking "outside the box" so it's not always going to follow the same programming logic used in MSFS.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888