Sign in to follow this  
Guest belairvideo

VOX ATC

Guest belairvideo

Probably a silly question, but have you tried the "PLAY" button on the latest VOX website yet? I made a 4 minute demo for the designer of VOX, and wonder what the reaction is?Tony, Belairvideo, Plymouth, U.K.

Just saw the video... what a sim setup that old chap is using! Also like the updated website. I imagine some will comment on the robotic voices and there probably should be some mention of the ATT voices which are available on the deluxe DVD version of the program. Other than that it is nicely done and shows the program in action which is what people need to see. Now if we could do a split screen with a real life ATC interaction alongside a sim recreation with VoxATC I think that would really bring the point home. Thanks for doing the video, it is a big help for VoxATC.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest belairvideo

>Just saw the video... what a sim setup that old chap is>using! Also like the updated website. I imagine some will>comment on the robotic voices and there probably should be>some mention of the ATT voices which are available on the>deluxe DVD version of the program. Other than that it is>nicely done and shows the program in action which is what>people need to see. Now if we could do a split screen with a>real life ATC interaction alongside a sim recreation with>VoxATC I think that would really bring the point home. Thanks>for doing the video, it is a big help for VoxATC.The "Sim Setup" is in fact mine and is run using only one computer. I use a Parhelia for the outside views, and two Millenieum PCI cards -one through a video splitter to show the PFD's and one for the gauges. I have achieved over 100 frame rate, and 40 - 50 on typical flights. The rate only goes down if I apply the worst weather settings when I have to "suffer" 30 - 40fps. I also use Go Flight buttons and switches as well as Auto Pilot and GF45. Added to this, I use a Hagstrom keyboard emulator. The keyboard itself is hidden behind a panel to the left of the captains position, and is rarely used. My yolks are mechanically connected to hidden standard joysticksusing a mechanical design of my own. I have also designed pedals to operate in a much more robust manner than those currently on the market and have foot plates that correspond to the real thing. Throttles, prop, mix and flap levers are all my own design and are interfaced using USB.Your idea to use split screen is feasable, but I would need more footage of real atc. I did film at the airport control tower, but restrictions with security etc make things a bit awkward. If the designer wants to do this, I would certainly give it a try. The current video is designed to give people a glimpse of what goes on and is not intended to be instructional. It is designed to show how instructions can be given, and replied to between pilot and atc and as far as I know, there is no other system that can do this? Pressing keys now has no place in atc interaction!RegardsTony Gerard, Devon, U.K.

Tony, Sir!Thank you for taking the time to make that promotional video for voxATC. Like you, I see great potential for this product. Your efforts will certainly add to the interest (and hopefully sales) of it. I mention sales here because I believe Paul Carter has done an excellent job with voxATC so far and I believe he deserves to make a "bob" or two from his efforts. I also hope that in turn he will continue to develop it further... even beyond version 3.On a side note... I wish I had your patients and know-how. I am very envious of your virtual cockpit. I am truly impressed by your simply, and at the same time, innovative solutions.I have two computers each with a dual head video card. I use a program called MaxiVista Pro to allow me to access all four monitors when flying with FS9. Murray

Guest belairvideo

>Tony, Sir!>>>Thank you for taking the time to make that promotional video>for voxATC. Like you, I see great potential for this product.>Your efforts will certainly add to the interest (and hopefully>sales) of it. I mention sales here because I believe Paul>Carter has done an excellent job with voxATC so far and I>believe he deserves to make a "bob" or two from his efforts. I>also hope that in turn he will continue to develop it>further... even beyond version 3.>>On a side note... I wish I had your patients and know-how. I>am very envious of your virtual cockpit. I am truly impressed>by your simply, and at the same time, innovative solutions.>>I have two computers each with a dual head video card. I use a>program called MaxiVista Pro to allow me to access all four>monitors when flying with FS9. >>MurrayHi Murray.Thanks for your comments. I am not sure who Paul Carter is, but the inventor/designer/owner of VOX ATC is a gentleman by the name of Tegwyn West who lives here in Devon, England not 10 miles from me. It was he that commissioned me to make the promotional film. His official tester is the gentleman flying my sim - and the lady in the film is my wife. Just a bit of background for you.Good simming!TONY, Devon, U.K.

Your welcome. Paul Carter is someone that I have been in contact with using this address: info@voxatc.com. I thought he was the developer!?! I told him what a great job he did with this program and he thanked me... hmmm! I wonder who he is??? :)Murray

Paul has been of invaluable help to Tegwyn and answers a great deal of the emails for support. I don't think he is an alter ego although I have never spoken to both of them at the same time... hmmmm.Ha, Ha

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest belairvideo

>Paul has been of invaluable help to Tegwyn and answers a>great deal of the emails for support. I don't think he is an>alter ego although I have never spoken to both of them at the>same time... hmmmm.>>Ha, HaI had no idea that Tegwyn had an "associate"? As far as I know, he has Peter Smerdon as his tester, and an arrangement with RC Simulations for disc distribution but it is nice to know that he is getting help with email answering. I of course have nothing to do with the company as such - but take a keen interest in it's progress.TONY.

>Paul has been of invaluable help to Tegwyn and answers a>great deal of the emails for support. I don't think he is an>alter ego although I have never spoken to both of them at the>same time... hmmmm.>>Ha, HaHa, Ha,... good one Zane! A pilot with a sense of humour... helps (helped) on those long "charter" flights I bet! :)Murray