Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vulcho

MS PLEASE READ!!! -- FS9 Wish List...

Now that we have until the summer before the final release is out, we should let MS know what we would like to see improved and hopefully it'll get included in the final release. Since this new version is more of an update than a whole new build, let's try to make it the best it can be or at least try. Here are a few of my concerns, feel free to add more.1. Turboprop dynamics need to get refined. Current version is very unrealistic. FSD has taken great pains to get around this issue with their Piper Cheyenne 400LS.2. Rudder effectiveness on the aircraft should be refined for more realistic results from input. You should be able to use your rudder for small heading changes when landing than you currently can. Banking the aircraft should be a last resort when make minor heading changes on approach.3. High altitude flight should get modeled more correctly. As you climb in altitude the sky should get darker (with the new Concorde this would be a great feature to have and many Combat sims have already done this. F22 Total Air War, Falcon4, etc.)If someone knows of a beta tester, we'll need to get them our list. Hopefully MS will listen to our concerns....Thanks all...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Something done with flight dynamics and physics. I can't say what, but talk to the great 3rd party developers. Maybe more variables that developers could change but could be optional so that older aircraft still work. Also, fix (improve) the autopilot.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

1. More realistic damage modeling. One example would be Belly landings if the gear doesn't deploy...2. The way gauges update in the 3D panel should get updated. Gauges currently update too slow when your in the VC cockpit. 3. Fix the Floating Trees and the strange lakes that don't exactly run through the bottom of the Grand Canyon (seen this in other places as well)...4. All default aircraft have fully functioning VC's and the classics aren't used as AI. "Tower we have the Spirit of St. Louis on final". lol...

FS2020 

Realistic mesh terrain without having to buy someone's add on. The FS2K2 world is too flat unless you happen to be flying over mountains. Our area in SC is very hilly around the airports, there are huge drop-offs at the end of our airports. In FS2K2, our whole area is flat. CFS3 does an excellent job with terrain resolution, I would think that new engine would have made it into the new FS version, but I guess not from the screenshots.CH

FS2k2's scenery for the Carribean was mostly flat. I hope that get's corrected in the next version.

FS2020 

Only minor issues/fixes I hope they add...-I'd like to see a reverse thrust scalar added to the aircraft.cfg, so the effects of reverse thrust can be changed to either mimic FS2000, or kept (as some prefer) close to FS2002 specs. -In addition, a rolling resistance scalar would be great to see. -Rework multiplayer--simpify it, if possible. I think too much was added to it in FS2000 and FS2002, hence the issues with floating and bobbing aircraft. I just don't fly in MP anymore--it was most realistic in FS98, and took steps backward from there as MS added features. I miss being able to watch my peers grease a landing....now, they just sink into the runway more often than not.-As many have suggested, add a "blur" priority slider which would determine how much of the system resources get dedicated to dealing with dynamic blurring. I don't see much of it, but when I do, it is distracting. If people want no blurring and are willing to scoot along with only 5 fps, let 'em have it :)-Fix the obvious scenery gaffs, like the missing PEI, and the KPBI nighttime fps issues.-If adding 3-d clouds, make sure they "stay" 3-d.... Cumulus shouldn't turn into cirrus once you rise a few thousand feet above them. If weather is going to be the key feature of the new version, we expect to see transitions from cloudy to clear skies, fronts, and "cottonball" cumulus far below when cruising in the flight levels. This is possible without killing a low end system. Would love to see this.-I know it sacrifices realism, but give the APR mode some more leeway when it comes to tracking the G/S. Again, a scalar could allow users to choose their realism level, as they perceive it should be.-Add a new view feature. Users and a/c designers shouldn't be fighting over "dynamic" wing views--and it adds to the a/c design process. Set up a new feature, similar to spotplane, which allows you to position and pan your view from any point on the aircraft. Mike Stone has many wonderful aircraft--that lack such views. That's the artist's discretion, but such an option as a new view feature is a great compromise.... Otherwise, I am glad this will be an evolution of FS2002, rather than a completely new sim. I was flying between JFK and DTW last night. Coming in over Lake Erie, I was impressed how real the view looked from my Ariane 737, as I looked over the wing to the South. I've flown that route many times, and the view was as close as I think any sim has ever come.... Looking at the awesome aircraft coming out, I think a few flight model tweaks may be all that's needed. I'd be hard pressed to see better aircraft than some of the stuff Flight1, Dreamfleet, etc... are putting out. I also hope the new version stays as stable as the old. I flew for six hours yesterday--not a hiccup. Can't get much better than that.-John

I guarentee its way to late for adding new features at this late stage - its the way large software development works. Little items maybe, but not whole new features. The time to ask for these things was over the past year and a half.Just a friendly reality check.Take care,Elrond

But, given the point at which MS is in the development cycle and the push forward of the market date, I seriously doubt that any changes of any significance can or will be made to the program. The same held true with FS2004, which was launched later in the year than is anticipated for FS09.

"I guarentee its way to late for adding new features at this late stage - its the way large software development works. Little items maybe, but not whole new features. The time to ask for these things was over the past year and a half."The good thing, is that my requests and some of the others are nothing new. All the suggestions I made above, I and others suggested early last year. My multiplayer suggestions date back to FS2000 (MP was virtually untouched between FS2000 and FS2002). Also, these requests were emailed to MS early last year. So at least I did my duty asking for them well ahead of '04's release... :)

Guest Captain Barfbag

OK, then, here's one that won't tax the development team - more voices. I know each voice set is large, but only 10 voices for the world? Does the ATC in Okinawa really sound they graduated from the Vanilla Voice Academy in Omaha? If we had distinct voices for Europe, Australia, Africa, the Far East, etc., it would make flying in those areas much more interesting.

Features that are not mentioned that I have my fingers crossed for a transponder that has a on/stby/alt/off switch that works, bring back the static on the radio like 2000 had with the atis, for once get the green/white beacons at airports just to be a strobe like the rabbit and turn down the VASI and rabbit lights and turn up the city lights, pilot controlled lighting by using the ~ key as keying the mic, ai traffic to do touch and go's, palm trees in tropical regions, factories to have chimney smoke, the ability to load the plane with pax weight which changes the flight characteristic and print out a weight and balance, when filing a flight plan you can print out the FAA style of flight plan along with current way, ability to include gates or terminals with your flight plan for departing and arriving, Fix floating trees, add Southwest to atc voice pack, when on Unicom you have the option of ordering fuel and requesting a follow me car for ga parking, and finally tone down the range (or alt closeness and nothing from 4 to 8 o'clock) on report traffic in sight along with repeated traffic calls of the same a/c as you get closer to them. KilstormP.S. whats the tellms email addy again to send to the fs team?

Guest imemyself

I'd like more realistic cockpits with FMC, and atleast some systems simulated. Also I hope that MS won't scrap the 2D cockpits because the VC in many cases just offers too low of frame rates to be for a whole flight. Also more AI aircraft types for the whole world(that can hopefully be edited to make flyable a/c)-seeing only 737s/747s at Moscow isn't realistic. Also (not sure if damage models listed above means this) better visual display of damage. If an engine catches on fire there should be smoke and flames. If part of a wing is overstressed, that part should rip off(if it would in real life). I think if neccessary the sim should be delayed to its normal time if they need more time to get it right. I don't trust them to make a patch(though they have for CFS3), so this needs to be very good on its first release.

Guest Vulcho

without repating anything from above I'd like to add:* A sphere for Top-Down View of the Earth w/ recognizable continents.Alex.AlexNatchev@Yahoo.comERROR:Banner is 6.6KB, 15 pixels (width) above limit. Cannot Display!