Sign in to follow this  
zfehr

Vox ATC problem

Hi Andy,FSNavigator which is now freeware will show the gate/parking numbers if you hold the cursor over them when you zoom into the airport.Personally I ignore where they tell me to park and taxi to where I want to go on the airport diagram anyway... that is if I do bother parking, many times I end the simulation after pulling off the runway.Hope this helps,Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest andytrentham

>Hi Andy,>>FSNavigator which is now freeware will show the gate/parking>numbers if you hold the cursor over them when you zoom into>the airport. Thanks ZaneI have tried to find FSNavigator for FS2004 that is free but i can only find version 4.7 which is paywareYou can use it for 20 sessions then you have to purchase a key that is 39 eurosAny idea where the free one is as it will be idealThanksAndy

Hi Andy,Seems I fell victim to a truly cruel hoax that was played out in October... now I have continued to spread the false information. For that I am truly sorry. There was a posting on flightsim's forum back in October that I (and many others) thought was taken from the developer Helge Schroder's FSNav forum stating that the program would no longer be shareware but also would no longer have any support.I purchased the program many years ago because I saw the value in the first few sessions so didn't continue following the thread. Fr. Bill Leaming caught it though and exposed the fraud for what it was. Sorry I didn't see that sooner.Give the demo a try and see for yourself, this is a truly valuable flight planning, mapping and tracking tool that is easy to use. I use this in combination with Jeppesen Simcharts so I have onscreen views of basically any type of chart I might need. No paper all over the place ;).

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest andytrentham

Do not worry about it ZaneI will try it out and if needed will purchase the keyThank you for taking the time to help meRegards Andy

Checkout Manuel Ambuto's excellent freeware airport viewer which works within FS2004. You can download it from avsim. You will need airchv50.zip and mansp3.zip. Good luck.

Guest andytrentham

I have managed to find mansp3.zip and airchv50.zipthanks for the heads up on this programme it may be the answer i am looking for

Guest andytrentham

Although i like the Deluxe version i have one problemwhen i land i am asked to take the next exit off the runway and then it asks for taxi clearance the programme gives me say Go to gate 24 via taxiway alpha bravo delta but here lies the problem. i have Airport diagrams that show the taxiways but do not show park numbers or gate numbers. With the default ATC programme in FS9 you can utilise the famous mauve track to follow to the gate number the programme gave but not so VoxATCAnyone any ideasPlease send Posts to my home email as well as here as i am on the move quite a lot and can only get to my emails most of the timeThanksAndy TrenthamPilot@stepshort.freeserve.co.uk