Sign in to follow this  
Guest ang0718

help adding new voice

Guest ang0718

Hi everyone i downloaded the voice from at&t on my pc and wanted to find out how to change the standard ms mike with the new i downloaded. Somebody please help! Thanks in advance!

WINXP - go to control panel click on speech - click on text to speech at top. In the voice selection window u should have a list of voices and choose the one u want. Then underneath it will tell u which voice u have chosen. u can use the preview button to listen to voice u chose it will read the sentence in the window. If it works - have posted my voices.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/140853.gif

There is also a voice selection menu for VoxATC which allows you to set male and female voices individually. You should check under the menu entries for VoxATC from your "Start" menu to find this.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest Ghost

Is it possible to use other voices as well so we don't always hear the same two voices for every ATC position?Thanks,Robert

At this point it is only programmed for one male voice and one female voice. I don't know what plans there are in the future. Of course I would love to see the ability to add accents so that when you fly into another country you will at least get the native accent if not some ATC and aircraft communications in another language (the listening part, not your communications!).

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest Ghost

Using multiple voices, some with appropiate accents as ones available as AT&T voices, with some filtering to sound radio like would be the ultimate.Robert

I agree, the problem right now is the cost and possible extra load on the CPU. Don't want to make VoxATC any more expensive nor would you want any visual stutters right before someone speaks.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest svedman

> There is also a voice selection menu for VoxATC which allows you to> set male and female voices individually. You should check under the> menu entries for VoxATC from your "Start" menu to find this.I don't have this menu option. What executable or command does the shortcut point to?Best regards,

Hi

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888