Sign in to follow this  
Guest steve1471

Help with vox atc please

Guest steve1471

I downloaded vox atc and paid for the registration fee.Vox atc is showing in flight sim 2004 menu bar at the top but when i go to enable it it just comes Fatal error.I have down loaded Microsoft's SAPI 5 SDK (SKD 5.1)and i take it the FSUIPC should already be there for fs 2004.what have i not done? or still need to doHelp would be so greatful incase there is somthing that i have not done or checkedCheersSteve

Mine kept doing that and the only way I could make it work was to keep reinstalling it and then it would not work sometimes. It is a shame because I really like it and can't be bothered to use it now becuase of this. Not much help to u but I know how u feel.I partitioned my drive and put another copy of WINXP and FS9 (with update)no addons -just basic and it worked ok but that was only an experiment and needed the space back so had to reformat that partition. This would mean I have something installed or not installed to make it work. I'm not reformatting and reinstalling for one add-on. Like I say it's a decent product to me and cannot make it work like yourself.

Guest steve1471

Bit of a con is it not if you have same prob and how many others have had same prob and it cost me

Hi Steve,I fortunately haven't experienced any problem like you are explaining and have installed VoxATC on four computer systems so far. I am curious if you first installed the demo and tried it out? If so did it give any indication of problems? Did you let the VoxATC indexer run after installation until it completed? Have you added any scenery or aircraft since installing VoxATC? If yes to that last one you need to run the indexer again which you find under the start menu in the VoxATC folder. Lastly are you setting up your flights correctly to use VoxATC... that means first creating a flight with the aircraft you want to use, time of day, flight plan, then saving that flight and then opening the flight you just saved? If yes to that last one are you letting that saved flight load completely including the weather information (especially if using an aftermarket weather program like FSMeteo or ASv6) and then after the computer is stable and running FS2004 all loaded enabling VoxATC? While VoxATC is loading are you trying to do anything else or waiting for the dialogue box to prompt you to tune ATIS (that is after the confirmation that voices have been loaded)?If you are doing all of the above things correctly do let support@voxatc.com know about your problem, they have always responded quickly to anything I have emailed them about although I have had few problems in earlier versions and none with the current version for a very long time now.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest steve1471

where can i find the demo so i can try that .i tried the demo that it installes on flight sim 2004 and still when i load it the message box just comes up FATAL ERROR.May be i have no downloaded the right SAPI 5 SDK or do i have to do training on voice recognition or may be u could give me simple instruction on exactly what to do to make sure i have go the right things downloaded.or may be i have not downloaded voxatc to the right place on the hard drive but it is showin on flight sim?things i down load for flight sim never seem to work with me mind u am not very comuter litterate when it comes to installin stuff like this and where it should go lolCheers steve

Guest steve1471

I tries to email support@voxatc.com but just sends a message from postmaster can not deliver?Vox atc is installed as its there on the menu bar in flight sim just this fatal error just comes up all the time.??? pass i dont know lol steve

redo

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Steve,Contact VoxATC through their website: www.voxatc.comUse the contact page and give them your email address and if you can a screenshot of the error message you are getting.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest steve1471

Ok guysE mailed vox and i know what i have not done was download the extra file FSUIPC.DLL so no wonder it no working.I thought fs2004 already had it but in looking in modules file it dont.Thanks for your help guys hopefuly fingers crossed it will work !Cheers steveemail for voxatc is actually info@voxatc.com and u can email paul carter

I already had it - sorry about that - it doesn't like something in my flightsim setu.I hope it makes yours work - I'll keep trying various things.

Guest steve1471

Ok well so far so good it works !!! lolBut no responding to my voice may be some voice training ?Steve