Sign in to follow this  
Guest tegoid

VoxATC 4 and an apology

Guest tegoid

First of all, an apology, to all the VoxATC users in the US and those using FAA phraseology who have been waiting for an upgrade, sorry that we produced a version targeted at the UK which cannot be used with the FAA (US) version, we should have produced something more universal.Now to make amends, VoxATC 4 (3 was the UK version) is about to enter beta testing. This version will include both UK/EU and US (FAA) phraseology depending upon where you are located, and will include visible VoxATC generated AI traffic (via the multiplayer interface). Also there is every intention of producing an FSX version to which version 4 users will be able to upgrade.I would predict a release sometime around October. More information will be made available over the coming weeks.Tegwyn West

Guest sox

good news! Looking forward to the upgrade.Sox.

Guest RichardL

Can someone explain in more detail what is meant by the statement " . . . and will include visible VoxATC generated AI traffic (via the multiplayer interface)." Does this mean all AI, such as generated by Ultimate Traffic or World of AI, will be controlled by VoxATC instead of FS? Currently, VoxATC controls my aircraft and FS controls all other aircraft. With VoxATC 4, all airspace and aircraft are controlled by VoxATC?Regards,Richard

Guest SimDog

Don't know much about Voxatc4 but the lack of a response to me indicates a No to the question.SD

The UK version already has some interaction between visible aircraft and VoxATC. FSX is probably going to allow for more of this because of Microsoft working more with aftermarket developers than in the past and VoxATC is such an advancement in the ATC world. I know that Tegwyn has been putting a great deal of time and effort into making this happen. So, yes we are going to finally have voice and visual traffic matching up, I don't know anything more than that though.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest tegoid

VoxATC 4.0 will control all visible traffic using the aircraft in the FS traffic flight plans. If you have a traffic add-on, VoxATC will use those aircraft so that you get correct aircraft in their airline liveries for the airport you are currently at. Also the correct airline prefixes are used for the AI aircraft.VoxATC UK already does this.Tegwyn

Just wondering how the beta testing is going and if we will see the new version released any time soon. Thanks.

Version 4 is still pretty buggy... works good sometimes though ;). FSX has opened up so many more possibilities by allowing VoxATC to actually work more directly with the AI traffic so the future looks very, very good.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Hi guysany chance that the new sdk opened possibility of running VoxATC 4 on the seconcd computer - because I can't imagine any current computer running FSX and VoxATC any faster then 1fps ...OK maybe 2fps :()It would really help if both those CPU hungry programs were running on separate boxes -smooth ATC on one and smooth - well sort of... FSX on the second...Dan

Guest mattriggins

>VoxATC 4.0 will control all visible traffic using the>aircraft in the FS traffic flight plans. If you have a traffic>add-on, VoxATC will use those aircraft so that you get correct>aircraft in their airline liveries for the airport you are>currently at. Also the correct airline prefixes are used for>the AI aircraft.>>VoxATC UK already does this.>>Tegwyn Tegwyn,I bought VoxATC about 3 years ago for FS9. Still have that same VoxATC for FS9. What are my options to get VoxATC 4.0 for FS9 at this point to get the US stuff plus AI traffic control?Thanks!

>Hi guys>>any chance that the new sdk opened possibility of running>VoxATC 4 on the seconcd computer - because I can't imagine any>current computer running FSX and VoxATC any faster then 1fps>...OK maybe 2fps :()>>It would really help if both those CPU hungry programs were>running on separate boxes -smooth ATC on one and smooth - well>sort of... FSX on the second...>>DanHi Dan,I dont know on which PC and CPU you are flying. But all depends on FSX settings. I dont use autogen for example. I dont need it for IFR with heavies. I have Celeron 2,4 Ghz, 1 GB 266 Mhz RAM and ATI Radeon 128 MB and after FSX optimization and disc defragmentation, I was able to fly from EDDF to LKPR with default aircrafts (737 atc.) and Vox ATC X demo with FPS from 8-15. So I guess, that with any "up to date" machine, it should not be the problem. And if the upcoming Microsofts optimization patch will improve performance of FSX as has been announced, things should look better. RegardsJiri

I've got VOX ATC DELUXE DVD. Which version is it? FS9 or FS9UK? Are there any updates for it. I bought it from simpilot.com (VMAX) and have never tried it yet. Any support for this title?Thanks.

>I've got VOX ATC DELUXE DVD. Which version is it? FS9 or>FS9UK? Are there any updates for it. I bought it from>simpilot.com (VMAX) and have never tried it yet. Any support>for this title?>>Thanks.Is it ver.3 or ver.2, any updates or fixes for it?

>Is it ver.3 or ver.2, any updates or fixes for it?Guys, the DELUXE dvd is ver.2.7x VOXATC. How much is it different (besides the AT&T voices) from the current FS9 version (it should be the US version 3.x I think) available on the site? I find it strange to find almost no information on the release history and the difference between older/newer versions. I'm thinking to buy the newer one for FS9 if there are more features or some serious things are fixed.Thanks.

Guest arianemgr

Just wondering, is there any further news on this version?Kind regardsBill