Sign in to follow this  
Guest alfaserv

VoxATC in Multiplayer with Traffic on TCAS

Guest alfaserv

Since a Short While I started using the new VoxATC UK, and it has a neat Multiplayer option that makes it possible to have correct ATC for the planes you see out the window: You see em, you hear em! Sadly none of them show up on my Project Magenta TCAS displays.A have already tried a little program called AIBridge, but all it does is connecting to the running Multiplayer session (I get a text saying that AIBridge has joined the session), but still no Traffic on my TCAS system.PM says that for being able to see TCAS activity, Traffic generated by VoxATC has to run through FSUIPC, which it obviously does not!Anyone master this? Am I overlooking something, are there special running options in AIBridge, or the multiplayer section of the FS9.cfg?I would be very happy if I could get this working; now I have to choose between Lots of traffic on the TCAS and hearing ATC talking to a plane that is nowhere to be seen, or No traffic and warnings on the TCAS, but with accurate ATC and Planes. No choice if you ask me!Anyone with suggestions?Regards, Jaap

Guest RichardL

Hi Jaap,I use VoxATC (current U.S. version) so I do not get the AI integration. I also use the Project Magenta RJ software. I plan to upgrade to VoxATC 4.0 (US) version. Your problem has me concerned since I now get TCAS alerts on the nav display. Please keep us informed if you find a solution.Have you emailed VoxATC with this problem?Regards,Richard

Guest alfaserv

Yes I have Mailed them, below you will find the Q&A.I am afraid this is something one of the developers has to be willing to look in to, so far I had no luck trying.Regards!-Hello Jaap-The TCAS display probably only displays FS generated traffic andnot -multiplayer aircraft. If the TCAS can display multiplayer traffic, -it will be able to display the VoxATC traffic, if not it won't.-Regards-Tegwyn WestJ. Both wrote:> Hello VoxATC,>> Recently I bought the new VoxATC UK version, and its very good. I > especially like the Multiplayer option.> However I have a question about that: I use Project Magenta's CMRJ > Glass Panel Cockpit displays,and they have an active TCAS radar on > board. When I play without the multiplayer option, all traffic > shows up on the TCAS display, but when I use the multiplayer > option, I see all kinds of traffic out the window, but it does not> show up on the TCAS display at all.>> I have already asked Jonathan Richardson from Project Magenta> about this, but he is not familiar with your program, and> suspected that Traffic was not generated within FS and run through> FSUIPC, but within VoxATC itself, and thus not to be seen on the> TCAS.> Do you have a solution for this traffic 'problem' ?>> Thanks in advance,>> Jaap Both, The Netherlands

Guest RichardL

Hi Jaap,I posted a note in Pete Dowson's forum. Maybe this could be corrected from within FSUIPC.Regards,Richard

Good idea Richard,This is a problem that anyone flying online also faces since many of the traffic gauges are designed to display the AI generated traffic only and not including multiplayer traffic.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest alfaserv

Good idea indeed !! Let us hope......Regards

Guest RichardL

I asked in Pete Dowson's forum. I initially confused the issue since I was refering to FSX instead of FS9. Here is a link: http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?...09d9e92a8c86c01Not sure what I learned other than there apparently is nothing within FSUIPC that could correct the issue.Hopefully VoxAtc and PM will work together to resolve this.Richard

Saw the post this morning... I had forgotten about AIbridge which I had futzed with back in FS2002 for another program. That is worth a try. If FSUIPC has some integration possibilities for VoxATC and AI traffic I would love to see that attempted... would solve many of the problems Tegwyn has been having with FS9 VoxATC traffic being made visible. At present you lose the smooth movement because the multiplayer interface and don't have night lighting on the AI aircraft.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest alfaserv

Tried several versions of AIBridge already: Doesn't work !I get a message saying that AIBridge has joined the session, but no Traffic on my TCAS !What else should I try?JaapPS. Just received some answers from Tegwyn West (VoxATC):*The problem you describe applies to all MP traffic (not just that *generated by VoxATC). I'm afraid there is no simple solution *for FS2004. *However this is not an issue for the FSX version of VoxATC thanks to SimConnect.*Further to my last message. As far as I know AVSim and other online ATC works through the MP interface and *thus will not be displayed on the TCAS.*TegwynMaybe Pete Dowson has a solution? Or they might be willing to work together on this??

Guest RichardL

Here is an email reply from Tegwyn West of VoxAtc regarding the multiplayer issue:First some background. VoxATC uses the MP interface as it is the only way to inject visible traffic into FS2004. While some programs like Radar Contact can react to what the built in AI traffic is doing and sometimes freeze it, it is not controlling the traffic. VoxATC generates its own AI traffic so that a proper virtual ATC environment is maintained with the extra functionality VoxATC (VoxATC UK particularly) provides. FS2004 is a closed system. Thanks to the herculean efforts of Pete Dowson, add-ons can interface to FS2004, but even so the control of built in AI aircraft is limited. The MP interface is thus the only way to inject proper add-on controlled aircraft. However MP aircraft are handled by FS2004 quite differently from the built in AI aircraft and the PM TCAS is only going to display the built in AI aircraft. As far as I can see the resources required to code the PM TCAS to display MP traffic would be considerable and is unlikely to happen. However all this changes with FSX. The FSX version of VoxATC (available November) uses SimConnect, and the traffic it generates should be visible in the PM TACAS. Sorry that I can't offer a better outlook for the FS2004 version of VoxATC and the PM TCAS. The next release will be for FSX (VoxATC X) sometime in November, 4.0 for FS9 will follow sometime after that.Regards Tegwyn West I asked Pete Dowson in his forum, "FSX Multiplayer Aircraft". Richard