Sign in to follow this  
dbrucem

VOXATC-X??

From AVSIM's headlines this afternoon. RC Simulations will host a informal FSX party, "Public will get first look at VOXATC-X." What's the scoop? Nothing on the VOXATC website,nothing on this forum. Back in Aug. Tegwyn predicted VOXATC4 might be released in October and stated more info would be made available "over the coming weeks." If possible please give us a update. I believe I am looking forward to an enhanced VOXATC release as much as FSX. Thanks for any info.

Dang no replies . . . any word on how the new version is progressing?

Guest RichardL

Hi Guys,This may help. It was at the end of another post:Here is an email reply from Tegwyn West of VoxAtc regarding the multiplayer issue:First some background. VoxATC uses the MP interface as it is the only way to inject visible traffic into FS2004. While some programs like Radar Contact can react to what the built in AI traffic is doing and sometimes freeze it, it is not controlling the traffic. VoxATC generates its own AI traffic so that a proper virtual ATC environment is maintained with the extra functionality VoxATC (VoxATC UK particularly) provides. FS2004 is a closed system. Thanks to the herculean efforts of Pete Dowson, add-ons can interface to FS2004, but even so the control of built in AI aircraft is limited. The MP interface is thus the only way to inject proper add-on controlled aircraft. However MP aircraft are handled by FS2004 quite differently from the built in AI aircraft and the PM TCAS is only going to display the built in AI aircraft. As far as I can see the resources required to code the PM TCAS to display MP traffic would be considerable and is unlikely to happen. However all this changes with FSX. The FSX version of VoxATC (available November) uses SimConnect, and the traffic it generates should be visible in the PM TACAS. Sorry that I can't offer a better outlook for the FS2004 version of VoxATC and the PM TCAS. The next release will be for FSX (VoxATC X) sometime in November, 4.0 for FS9 will follow sometime after that.Regards Tegwyn West

Ahhh so it's close to being released, excellent! Will the VoxATC homepage be updated with a new video showing off the VoxATC X anytime soon?

I don't know if there will be a new video showing off VoxATC X. We are in the process of beta testing the FSX version and it is going very well.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888