Sign in to follow this  
dbrucem

Any comments about the new FSX version?

Other than the issue with the indexer hanging up on my FS Genesis mesh files the install went smoothly. The AI traffic feature works well except you can't trust the ground controller at KSEA to keep you from being run over by taxing airliners. I am currently on my way to KPDX and hope the STAR feature works properly as if you fly a normal approach you tend to get vectored into the mountains east of KPDX. The lack of terrain awareness by the VOXATC was an issue with the previous version and appears to still be present in this release. Overall I am impressed with this release and am looking forward to the FS9 version as I still fly in FS9 most of the time due to framerate issues. My thanks to the developer for his efforts to provide a realistic voice recognition ATC experience. I really appreciate the demo working any where in the FS world.

Guest RichardL

Hi Bruce,I forwarded the FSGenesis issues to Tewgyn and he is looking into it.I asked about VoxATC-X ground ops control and Tewgyn mentioned that I should be getting holding directions for taxiing aircraft. I have not heard any so far.Another issue he is looking at is TCAS target display on Project Magenta nav screen. I use the PMRJ. I do get TCAS targets with default FSX ATC but not with VoxATC-X. I put the question to Pete Dowson also. Hopefully this will get resolved.I use World of AI packages. I have heard calls to JetBlue, Quantas, and Iberia even though I do not have those airlines installed. Tewgyn mentioned that when "away from main airports VoxATC generates it's own traffic not based on any AI flight plans. This may be changed in future updates. There is a configuration file to change the airline callsigns if you wish".I had a freeware aircraft that would not display the prompter even after selecting it in the config screen and indexing. I looked at the aircraft's panel.cfg and noticed a double reference for the window. The prompter was assigned Window06. Further down in the panel.cfg, where the window is defined, there were two references for WIndow06. I deleted the second one. The prompter is now working.One other item I have noticed that I'll mention. If the prompter is not enabled, you will not see AI. If, after enabling the prompter, you "Go To" another airport using the FSX options box, no AI will be visible. You will have to disable, then enable the prompter again.I too am enjoying the new version.Regards,Richard