Sign in to follow this  
pouldam

No WOAI planes with VoxATX?

HiI have just installed the demo of VoxATC X with FSX. I tried the tutorial flight and this little piece of software is actually pretty cool. However, I cannot get it use my framerate friendly World of AI aircrafts. The manuel says that I should turn of AI aircrafts within FSX and use the slider in VoxATC. That gives me plenty of AI aircrafts, but only the ones that come out of the box with FSX. I want my WOAI planes back (and get rid of FSX's built in ones)... any ideas?As a side note, would it be possible to let VoxATC use more than two different voices (male/female) for the synthesis and would it be possible to ad some background radio noise in the radio chatter like the FSX built in has?/ Thanks in advance, Poul

Guest RichardL

Hi Poul,I'll try to answer your questions, though I am just a user like you.Initally I saw what you did, default FSX AI traffic. I too do not care to use default AI. I also use WOAI. Here is what I have found out.-If WOAI is installed, make sure you run the Indexer every time you modify AI.-Set FSX traffic sliders to zero.-Increase the VoxATC-X traffic slider.-I even removed the default FSX traffic .bgl files from the FSXSceneryWorldScenery folder.Now, a couple points. You will only see WOAI near airports. Outside a certain distance (which I do not know), VoxATC-X generates its own AI traffic. That means your will only see WOAI near airports.If an airport has no traffic, VoxATC will generate some. I saw this at a small general aviation airport. I have no general aviation AI installed, but I saw one anyway. Apparently VoxATC-X used the default (flyable) C172 for the AI.This is information I learned by emailing the developer Tegwyn West. You may want to do the same.As to the voices, I agree 100%. Would be nice to select from a group of voices. One for the controller and different ones for the pilots. Each time you change frequencies, a new controller voice would be used.I know that you can install AT&T voices. I believe those a more natural sounding but would not help with your suggestion.Hope this helps.Regards,Richard

Hi Richard,Thank you for taking your time to answer me. I did what you said and guess what, the FSX AI planes are gone -- replaced by the WOAI ones. Or should I say one! The case is, that there is plenty of AI traffic, but all planes happen to be Delta Airlines ones -- either B737 or MD88. How come I only see Delta ones? When flying without VoxATC I have AI from many different airlines.I am flying the demo VFR flight plan by the way./ Cheers, Poul

Guest RichardL

Hi Poul,Sorry, I have no idea on that problem. Maybe Tegwyn can help.I did just think of one thing. I do not recall the name, but there is a configuration program that is used to rename the AI aircraft from tail number to whatever you want such as Delta. I belive it is the first one when clicking on Start - All Programs - VoxATC from the Windows task bar. Do you see the other WOAI aicraft listed? If not, maybe the Indexer did not either. Just a thought. I did mention one issue to Tegwyn that I believe is looking at fixing in a future update.The VoxATC-X traffic slider, set at 100%, is not the same as the FSX traffic slider set at 100%. I discovered this by placing my aircraft at KATL, Atlanta, and clicking on Dusk for a time setting. With FSX, I saw traffic all around. I then disabled FSX traffic, enabled VoxATC-X traffic and went to KATL at Dusk. I did not see the same amount of traffic. Actually, considerbly less. Tegwyn is looking at this and possibly allowing users to configure traffic based upon our computers capabilities.One other item I have seen. At the moment, I don't recall why this happens but Tegwyn does know about it. I have seen traffic just disappear while on final. One second its there, the next its gone. Regards,Richard

Hi again,I just arrived at Eppley airspace and now all the planes were Continental ones (as opposed to Delta ones in Kansas) with the exception of a single UPS cargo plane. Furthermore, there were several stock FSX general aviation aircrafts. I have no 3rd party GA aircrafts installed, so that may be why.I have no idea of the algorithm used for selecting the AI planes (why there apparently always is a majority of planes from a single airline). However, I guess can live with it...On a side note, both times I have arrived near Eppley something went wrong (I believe) with VoxATC. This time it prompts me to set my transponder, I do and confirm this which it seems to recognise, and then promptly I am given a new squawk code which I set and then given a new and a new....The first time, I was told to report the airfield in sight, but when doing so it did not trigger any response.I am by no means skilled at radio communication, but it seems to me that sometimes you can take a deroute from the 'ATC story' and never get back into it again. But well, maybe it is just me being clumsy...Regards, Poul

anyone know how to do this help?

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

this thread was 7 years and multiple versions out of date! I suggest you try the latest demo version? :)

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png