Sign in to follow this  
steinbach72

VoxATC UK - controllers do not give me higher altitude an...

Hello, I am testing VoxATC UK version on FS9 now and I have problem with demo IFR flight. Voice recognition works wery well, but1. Controllers do not give me higher (than initial) altitude/FL after TO, so I have to ask about higher, then I receive step by step higher and higher levels, but the final FL is higher than FL 260 filled in flight plan. 2. Whet I request descent, controller gives me FL 060 (one step from FL 275 ???), but this is the last instruction I receive, I am still under Manchester controll, no switch to approach, no vectors, no further instructions. So I overfly Glasgow, I try to change altitudes, but controller does not respond. I only hear generated AI traffic chatter, its all. Can somebody help me ?

Guest RichardL

Hi,I'll try to help. I do not have the FS9 UK version so I'm guessing. I have the FSX US version. I noticed the same issue when I udgraded to VoxATC-X from VoxATC standard. I seem to remember in the FS9 version that you had to "request higher". In VoxATC-X, you can request a specific altitude. So instead of requesting higher, you can now request "flight level 230". VoxATC-X responds with a cleared to statement.I'm not sure if VoxATC UK has this ability but you can give it a try.Regards,Richard

Hi Richard,thank you for your quick reply. I will try it. But does it means, that controller never get me FL filled in flight plan spontaneously ? This is a little bit unrealistic, or not ?Regards,Jiri

Guest RichardL

Hi Jiri,I'm not sure if that is realistic or not. The first time I tried VoxATC-X with an IFR flight plan, I was given an initial altitude of 10,000 feet. My flight plan was to FL230. When I reached 10,000 feet, I kept flying along waiting for clearance to FL230. I finally asked for FL230 and was cleared to it. At the moment I do not recall what the exact words are but VoxATC-X tells you to request your cruising altitude when ready. From what I can tell, Departure will not clear you to your crusing altitude. You have to wait until handed over to Center. I should probably read over the documentation file again.Regards,Richard

Hi Richard,it seems to me unrealistic to climb from 10000 to FL 230 in one step. But I have experience like virtual pilot only. I use Radar contact very often {very, very good addon by my opinion} and there you have to pass several centers {depending on your altitude] before reaching your cruise FL, nad you are cleared higher and higher step by step by controllers. As I have several real aviation videos, it seem to me more real one, but I never fly in real cockpit so I can not compare it with reality too much. Can you tell me please, did you try ask deviation due to build up ahead in VoxATCX? I have tried it in VoxATC UK and I received many very different vectors to the right more than 90 degrees, then to the left, slightly back etc., so I performed something like number 8 pattern with my B757. Did you have similar experience ?RegardsJiri

Guest RichardL

Hi Jiri,No, I've never asked for vectors around weather. I'll try next time I fire up the sim.Richard

Hi,I am still testing VoxATC UK and it seems to me, that if I request higher FL than filled in flight plan (for example because of mistake) I am cleared to this FL, but I am never asked to contact approach control as the flight progresses. I request descend, I am cleared to descent, but no futher instructions. But if I fly the same flight at correct FL, all works perfectly.Is any way, how to land together with controllers in this case? I have tried frequency change request, but it doesnt works.ThanksJiri