Sign in to follow this  
neilydone

multiplayer settings

I am very much enjoying using VoX ATC UK for FS9 (v3.27) and awaiting the AT&T voices with some anticipation (although I find that the robotic voices do not annoy me as much as the crazy approach vectors by default ATC ;-)It also works great with my Traffic 2005 addon in multiplayer. However, I have one question and that is whether there is any easy way to disable the green boxes that come up with the 'speedbird245 has joined the session' message, when connected to the VoXATC multiplayer session. I find it detracts from the incredible sense of realism that this program allows....I've read various postings etc about altering the language.dll file and adding in lines to fs9.cfg (for removing general red text lines like 'main exit opening;') but I would be dearly interested to hear if any knows what setting is being used and whether it can be turned offCheers,Neil

Guest RichardL

Hi Neil,Good question. I have no idea since I've never used multiplayer. One program that may help is AdvDisp 2.14. Its a free download from Pete Dowson's page.http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlJust scroll down and you should see it. I think this program may help but not sure.Regards,Richard

Hi Neil,I have another question regarding multiplayer session. I have tried it today {togehter with Ultimate traffic}, all goes well, but it seems to me, that there is no logicall interaction between instructions for me and for AI traffic. I was taxying against another plane several time, I need to go aroud because of Cessna lining up my runway at the same time... etc. Are you satisfied with AI traffic inside Vox ATC UK for FS9? It was my first attempt, but I am not !!!RegardsJiri

Hi all,firstly, Jiri I don't really mind it - its not something that noticable to be honest. On one or two occasions I have heard the Tower give a/c taxying instructions in the same direction as me for the same runway, so I don't know if there is something wrong with your set up. I often get 'Cannot comply now, runway in use' that sort of thing, along with hold position commands when on the taxiways. It may be that your Ultimate Traffic has its own traffic routines interfering with VoXATC own generated session. HAve you made sure to turn off the 'default' FS9 traffic?However, I understand this logic will be improved in all the VoX ATC X versions (if you want to see the difference I guess you could try the demo for FSX).On the AdvDisp thing I found that it works a treat :-cool ! Thanks for the tip, Richard! I am one happy bunny! :-) I now set up the window, the annoying messages appear and then I select 'always hide' and bingo! away they go! Then start VoXATC MP sesssion. I'd HIGHLY recommend this workaround to further improve the sense of immersion that VoXATC provides!Neil

Hi,I dont know, what is wrong in my setting. I set my FS9 traffic to zero and VoxATC traffic about 70%. But I realized, that if I have FS traffic set to zero, Ultimate Traffic should not be visible, like without the VoxATC. Jiri

VoXATC should use the same models as any traffic add-on, but not the flightplans, which it creates itself dynamically according to its own engine.I am not familar with Ultimate Traffic, but I think there is a post about using this add-on on this forum which you can find....Sorry I can't be more help, but it seems that if you have the standard FS9 traffic running (using whatever add-on you have) plus VoX multiplayer generated traffic, then this could be the reason you are running into other a/c on the taxiways.....Neil

Hi Neil,can be my standard FS9 traffic running, when I set traffic {in FS menu-settings-traffic}to zero? I hope, that my only running traffic is via VoxATC in this case. Does another slider exist in FS9 for traffic density? RegardsJiri

Hi,I have still problems with VoxATC AI traffic. I have experienced two "fatal" errors during my flight yesterday. First. Tower cleared Cessna for touch and go during my backtrack on the same runway. Second. Tower cleared Beechcraft to cross my landing runway immediatelly before my touchdown. My Fs9 AI traffic is set to zero. I am happy that it is simulation only !!! Jiri

Guest RichardL

Hi Jiri,On the runway incursion by the Beech aircraft, I might have an answer.From emailings with Tegwyn West, the developer, runway incursions happen when the "AFCAD" file is missing a node where a taxiway meets a runway. What I remember from the FS9 AFCAD program, there are supposed to be blue dots at the runway hold points. If those blue node dots are missing, the AI will not stop at the hold line and ask for clearance to cross. The AI aircraft will just see a straight taxiway and keep going. So to fix those issues, we have to wait until a program is developed to modify FSX AFCAD files. I have seen some FSX AFCAD files in the Avsim Library but have no idea if there are nodes at every taxiway/runway intersection.Regards,RichardPS: Now that I wrote all that, I noticed you were referring to FS9. In that case, you can use the FS9 AFCAD program to look for missing nodes.

Hi Richard,thanks for your reply. I cannot quarantee that my default AFCAD of EGHH is O.K., I will se in AFCAD program, but Beech did not cross runway without clearance. Aircraft has stopped, asked and was cleared to cross my runway. Regards,Jiri

Guest RichardL

If that is what happended Jiri, might be best to report that to: info@voxatc.com .Richard