Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ghost

Prompter Window Transparency

Guest Ghost

I thought when I first loaded the VoxATCX demo that the prompter window was transparent. Now the background is solid black.Was I imagining the transparency or did I do something to mess it up and lose it.Anyone know?Robert

Hi Robert,The prompter in VoxATC X is transparent, like a smoked piece of glass. Have you altered any of the files in VoxATC X? If not check your display settings, make sure you are using 32 bit and not 16 bit for your resolution. You might find that some AA/AF settings and certain display drivers might cause this anomolie.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest Ghost

Ahhh,,,found the problem. Not sure why but I had a couple of lines missing from the panel.cfg file.I replaced them and it works fine again.Thank,Robert

>Ahhh,,,found the problem. Not sure why but I had a couple of>lines missing from the panel.cfg file.>>I replaced them and it works fine again.>>Thank,>Robert>Robert, I'm having EXACTLY the same problem. Could you/anyone please advise what are the lines to look at in the panel.cfg?Thanks!

>Hi Robert,>>The prompter in VoxATC X is transparent, like a smoked piece>of glass. I see it in one CRJ700, but in C172 the glass is solid black. 1. Which line in the panel cfg handles transparency of the VOX ATC prompter?2. Is there a way to adjust it to more transparent?Thanks!

Guest Ghost

This is what the installer placed in my panel.cfg file:////VoxATCI think before I was missing the zorder and the alpha_blend lines. I believe by adjusting the alpha_blend you can adjust the transparency. Hopefully someone will correct me if I am wrong.Hope this fixes your problem.Robert

Thanks Robert, I've found the culprit. It is FSPanel studio that changes the lines in panel.cfg in a certain way that modifies the original VOX ATC's entries. Interesting, because I only adjusted the startup position of the window. So, DON'T use FSPanel Studio in the panels where you have VOX ATC installed. No matter even if you want to change anything else besides VOX. Or do it if you want, then edit VOX ATC lines in panel.cfg MANUALLY as Robert showed above.Thanks.