Sign in to follow this  
Guest TPT82

More user control of VoxAtc X

Guest TPT82

Hello,I have just purchased VoxAtc X. I also own and still use the original VoxAtc for FS9. My questions concern the FSX version of VATC.First and foremost, I would like to say this is a great product. I really enjoy it. I am a real world pilot and use VATC to help me with my memory (clearances/instructions).I realize the program you have created is cutting edge and state of the art. I will continue to enjoy and recommend it, no matter what. My question is: Would it be possible to design some type of "wizard or editor" to script the proposed flight. In my opinion, that would take it to the next level. I realize it is impossible for you to program all of the variables we users come up with all over the world. But, it would be very helpful if we could tell VATC what we want to do. I would like to be able to tell it that when I climb out I should be prompted to contact Akron Canton Approach on 118.6. When I approach Youngstown, I would like to know that Youngstown Approach would get the hand off from KCAK, etc.Example 1: Last night I flew from 15G to KYNG. KYNG is a Class D airport. Although it is class D, it still has an approach control frequency (it is also a TRSA Terminal Radar Service Area). When I fly there in real life, I have to contact APP CTRL at about 10 - 15 miles out. VATC required me to contact the tower. Also, KYNG tower did not talk to me until I was about 5 miles from their airspace.Example 2: During that same flight, VATC had me contact Cleveland Approach for flight following to KYNG. Since KCLE is B airspace and very busy, we usually leave them alone. We use KCAK for flight following.Is this possible? Or, would it require a whole new program to do that? I am not a programmer, and I cannot even fathom how much work might be involved. I can only speak for myself. I would pay for an enhancement that would allow me to customize my flights. I would guess that other users would too. Thank you for taking the time to read this. I hope that you would consider adding this feature if it is feasible.If you have time, could you advise whether or not it is in the realm of possibility? Again Thank you.Nick RatkovicZfehr, could you forward this to where it needs to go? I tried to send it via the VoxAtc website with no joy. I kept getting an error. Thank You.

Hi Nick, what is your experience with vectoring for ILS approach in Vox ATC X ? I have no problem with VoxATC UK {with exception that controller gives me so many vectors, the last heading is very close to the runway heading, not about 30 degrees, but about 5 degrees}. But with VoxATC X I had many problems with terminal vectoring for ILS [EDDF, LKPR]. Every, every flight I have tried, the vectoring was late and I always overfly localizer, and controller gave me vectors back, but from opposite side of localizer. ThanksJiri