Sign in to follow this  
dbrucem

VOXATC-X Reinstall in order?

My installation has recently developed some very anoying problems. When I release the mic switch the promter window fails to update and I have to click the switch again to get the text to update. Also, ATC will not accept a standard request for an altitude change unless I open the prompt list with the 0 key and select one of the canned entries even though I use the exact same phrase without getting a response. Also, out of curiousity what is with having to request step altitude increases on an IFR departure. I thought after the inital altitude assignment you would be cleared to a higher altitude after contacting your appropriate Center. Having to make repeated climb requests doesn't seem very realistic. Thanks for any comments or ideas on what to do about these issues. Bruce

>My installation has recently developed some very anoying>problems. When I release the mic switch the promter window>fails to update and I have to click the switch again to get>the text to update. Also, ATC will not accept a standard>request for an altitude change unless I open the prompt list>with the 0 key and select one of the canned entries even>though I use the exact same phrase without getting a response.>Also, out of curiousity what is with having to request step>altitude increases on an IFR departure. I thought after the>inital altitude assignment you would be cleared to a higher>altitude after contacting your appropriate Center. Having to>make repeated climb requests doesn't seem very realistic.>Thanks for any comments or ideas on what to do about these>issues.> BruceHi Bruce, I experienced similar problem with text update in the prompt window during my FSX version testing. Sometimes I had to wait very, very long time. But after setting change and optimization of FSX and VoxATC (especially turning Vox ATC X traffic off) problem disappeared suddenly. I realize, it is PC performance-related problem. Try to optimize your FSX and VoxATC settings. As for need to request step altitude increase, I think the same way. We discussed it in this forum earlier. Pilots sometimes ask higher altitude, for example during step climb on long routes, but during initial phases of flight, especially during departure, it is unrealistic, it should be done by controller. Problem is, that you cannot ask higher altitude before reaching the first waypoint, or before switching to another controller and it sometimes may be very long time, especially for jets. The same problem occurs, when you want to declare emergency or deviation due to weather. RegardsJiri

Problem solved! I decided to go thru the basic Speech setup and discovered my boom mic was dead. I am using two sound cards and the mic channel on the card I was using for Speech was muted for unknown reasons. I am still baffled why clicking the mic switch twice causes the prompt window to update as if it had received a valid response. Also sometimes after the second mic switch click the speech engine will speak the response displayed in the prompter window.