Sign in to follow this  
steinbach72

Runway selection

Hello,I have two questions:1. I have purchased VoxATC UK few days ago and I still did not understand, what is the Vox ATC runway selection logic. My last flight to LKPR (Czech rep.), wind 310/08, controller gave me rwy 06, another flight another day with the same wind direction, controller gave me rwy 13 !!!. Why ???2. How to achieve straight in approach to runway, if STAR (correctly selected and edited before starting VoxATC) has the same heading upon FAF (306

Hi Jiri,I will try to answer ;).VoxATC doesn't have the ability to look ahead to weather conditions reported at the arriving airport (I would love to see the ability to use Active Sky v6.5 for this info), it looks at current weather and the direction you are arriving from to make a standard runway assignment. When you have a desired runway and type of approach you want to fly (NDB, VORDME, ILS, etc) you have to make that request on the absolute first contact with approach, if you answer the first set of directions given from approach you are locked into that assignement and will get an "unable at this time" answer. If that happens you can disable VoxATC and immediately enable it again which will switch you back to center for initial call in, center will give you the handoff and you can then request runway/approach.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Hi,thank you very much for your quick reply. Does it mean, that I should:1. make initial contact2. and then replace my runway and approach type confirmation by new request? And what I should select if I want to fly published procedure, the FULL ILS or ILS only ?.ThanksJiri

>Hi,>thank you very much for your quick reply. >Does it mean, that I should:>1. make initial contact>2. and then replace my runway and approach type confirmation>by new request? >And what I should select if I want to fly published procedure,>the FULL ILS or ILS only ?.>>Thanks>>Jiri> Hi Jiri,When you make your initial contact with approach you are given a vector and new altitude assignment, instead of rogering that assignment request at that point the landing runway... ie "Seattle Approach Cessna 2AS request full ILS runway 12" and you should get a confirmation back. If you don't and get the "not available at this time" restart VoxATC and try again. By asking for the "full" approach you can then fly the published approach. If you ask for ILS runway 12 without the "full" in the request you will be given vectors for final.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888