Sign in to follow this  
Guest JY415

Problems after VoxATC Install

Guest JY415

Windows XP SP2 MS Framework 2.0 VoxATC UK for FS9. I have installed VoxATC three times now and after every installation it causes a problem with my whole computer.If I try and open Speech in control panel (as suggested in notes) it sits there for ages doing nothing. I cannot shut down my PC it just sits there thinking about it. I then uninstall VoxATC and all is ok again!?!??!?!? Anyone know what is slowing my system to a halt after installation?Note all virus software etc is off during installation.CheersGraham

Can you open the speech control panel with VoxATC uninstalled? The SAPI 5.1 should remain installed on your computer. If so are you rebooting your computer following the installation of VoxATC? When you run the install program for VoxATC UK is the installation running all the way to completion, auto running the VoxATC Indexer (which should take some time), and finally finishing showing the readme screen for VoxATC UK?

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest JY415

>Can you open the speech control panel with VoxATC>uninstalled? Yes no problem, but when installed it fails to open.>The SAPI 5.1 should remain installed on your computer. If so are >you rebooting your computer following the installation of VoxATC? Yep and makes no difference>?When you run the install program for VoxATC UK is the installation >running all the way to completion, auto running the VoxATC Indexer >(which should take some time), and finally finishing showing the >readme screen for VoxATC UK?Yes installs perfectly and runs within flightsim I get the menu up but because I cannot run the Speech setup it doesn't hear me. If I use the keyboard the menu works, so the program installs ok.It is as if something is loading everytime I start my computer that is slowing the whole thing down. This is before I have even run VoxATC!!Thanks for your reply and appreciate your help!Graham

Guest JY415

I couldn't find SAPI 5.1 in my installed programs so decided to install it now. Now here is the funny thing...... after install I cannot seem to access Speech again in control panel and after trying my PC seems to be on go slow and will not shut down (the same behavour after a VoxATC installation!)Seems this speech engine is the problem. Is SAPI 5.1 being installed with VoxATC? Would explain after uninstalling all works fine again.Will try more tests but SAPI 5.1 seems to be a problem on my machine.Graham

Guest JY415

HiSorry to keep posting but I am desparate to solve this and use VoxATC so hope you can help!I have just discovered (by accident) that if I click on Speech icon in Control panel and leave for about 5 minutes it opens!! Great I thought, so I then clicked on Configure Microphone and nothing happened, so I left it to see what happens, 5 minutes later I got a box up saying......'The requested task could not be carried out because the nessesary engine could not be created'Also tried to click on train profile button and got the same message.Any help much appreciated!CheersGrahamP.S. Note I am running a P4 3.0 Gig and 1 Gig RAM

Hi Graham,I'm at work now so won't be able to check in that often. What is the sound card you are using and are the drivers current for that sound card? Do you use any other speech to text, or speech activated software products?

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest JY415

Hi againI have two cards, the one built into my mobo which shows up in device manager as Legacy and I also have installed some years ago a Sound Blaster Audigy. I use two cards for my FS with Vatsim so I can have ATC in my headphones and FS sounds in my speakers.I have no other speech to text or speech software installed and never have.Had never thought of a sound card problem, nice one! Will experiment changeing headphones round. Maybe the two cards enabled is confusing the speech engine?Cheers for your help again!Graham

Guest JY415

Sorted at last!!Thanks so much for your help!I disabled my onboard sound and all work fine now!Thanks againGraham

That's great news ;)

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888