Sign in to follow this  
RobdeVries

VoxATC UK and VoxATC together (FS2004)

Nope... they won't co-exist well. I have been hoping there is enough interest in v4 of VoxATC for FS9 so that it might come to a complete enough state for release. Personally I don't care either way about the multiplayer AI traffic module, the ATC dialogue more closely matches VoxATC X which does give some ICAO verbage for flying outside the US. No... it is not the same as the UK version but when we're talking about a whole world here ya got to be willing to give a little.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

>Nope... they won't co-exist well. I have been hoping there>is enough interest in v4 of VoxATC for FS9 so that it might>come to a complete enough state for release. Personally I>don't care either way about the multiplayer AI traffic module,>the ATC dialogue more closely matches VoxATC X which does give>some ICAO verbage for flying outside the US. No... it is not>the same as the UK version but when we're talking about a>whole world here ya got to be willing to give a little.zfehr, am I right yet to assume FS9 VoxATC UK will work with VoxATC X on the same PC (FS9 and FSX are installed on the same PC)? Is there any problem in this combo?Thanks.

>Personally I don't care either way about the multiplayer AI traffic >module, the ATC dialogue more closely matches VoxATC X which does >give some ICAO verbage for flying outside the US.Guys, could anyone pls give me a link to read more about MP AI traffic?Thanks.

Thanks Zane.To the last poster: MP AI traffic? I presume you mean multi player AI traffic? With multi-player AI is disabled in FS9. Only VoxATC(X) gives you (un)controlled AI. Radar Contact v4 gives controlled AI traffic.Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

>Personally I don't care either way about the multiplayer AI traffic >module Holland, I referred to this part in Zane's post. What is the "multiplayer AI traffic module"? I'm interested to learn more details.Thanks.

>Ah! Look here:>http://www.voxatc.com/FAQFSX.aspx#Does_Vox...ol_MSFS_traffic>>All the best!>RobSorry, Rob, either it's a wrong link or you're missing on what I'm trying to learn more details about. Read again: "Personally I don't care either way about the multiplayer AI traffic module". There's no single mentioning of word 'multiplayer' on that FAQ page.Anyone else before Zane can cast some light on what he referred to?

Don't be mislead by the word multiplayer. The issue with FS2004 VoxATC is that it doesn't take the visual AI in account. VoxATC FSX does combine ATC messages to traffic with visible adequate AI. Zane doesn't care about this feature because he likes VoxATC as learning tool for adequate ATC lingo where you have to be accurate about what you say just as in real life instead of pushing buttons as in Radar Contact. Somewhere along the line of tools like Comm1 VFR Radio Simulator. I might be wrong but this how I understand it.Multiplayer and ai don't go together in FS9. VoxATC/Radar contact are addons for bringing some extent of ATC realism in a offline/single player environment.But correct me if I'm wrong..and I will stand corrected.Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

>Don't be mislead by the word multiplayer. The issue with>FS2004 VoxATC is that it doesn't take the visual AI in>account. VoxATC FSX does combine ATC messages to traffic with>visible adequate AI. Rob, this part has been known since some time already. And it is not the object of my question.'Multiplayer' may have been used there by mistake, of course. But what if it was not? I read many posts discussing if it was possible to cheer up the online empty skies. Hense my attention was immediately drawn by that multiplayer AI module, zfehr referred to.

"zfehr, am I right yet to assume FS9 VoxATC UK will work with VoxATC X on the same PC (FS9 and FSX are installed on the same PC)? Is there any problem in this combo?"I have used VoxATC v2 and VoxATC X together on the same computer and currently have beta VoxATC v4 and VoxATC X working together. I have not tried VoxATC v3 UK with VoxATC X but I don't see a reason that this combination wouldn't work together since they are individual programs, one for FS9 the other for FSX and don't share components.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Hi again,The use of "multiplayer AI module" has to deal with the workaround that Tegwyn programmed for VoxATC v3 UK. In the UK version there is a module installed that generates traffic outside FS9 and feeds it back via the multiplayer capability of FS9, so you have to start FS9 with 0% AI traffic, start VoxATC UK and then start a multiplayer session that ties you into this VoxATC AI traffic module. You do see visual AI traffic that does interact with the ATC you are listening to but it is a little buggy. No night lighting and there are some movement problems similar to ones you might notice in a true multiplayer session when a server gets bogged down and planes start kinda jumping around. This feature is also in v4 but as I say it is a bit buggy and one of the biggest drawbacks of attempting to include this feature in FS9 versions of VoxATC. In FSX you don't have to perform this kind of software trickery and the ATC controlled AI traffic works considerably better.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

>Hi again,>>The use of "multiplayer AI module" has to deal with the>workaround that Tegwyn programmed for VoxATC v3 UK. In the UK>version there is a module installed that generates traffic>outside FS9 and feeds it back via the multiplayer capability>of FS9, so you have to start FS9 with 0% AI traffic, start>VoxATC UK and then start a multiplayer session that ties you>into this VoxATC AI traffic module. You do see visual AI>traffic that does interact with the ATC you are listening to>but it is a little buggy. No night lighting and there are>some movement problems similar to ones you might notice in a>true multiplayer session when a server gets bogged down and>planes start kinda jumping around. This feature is also in v4>but as I say it is a bit buggy and one of the biggest>drawbacks of attempting to include this feature in FS9>versions of VoxATC. In FSX you don't have to perform this>kind of software trickery and the ATC controlled AI traffic>works considerably better.Excellent, thanks. So, version 4 is getting ready? I've bought the FSX version already. Is v4 USA-tongue and FS9 compatible? I'll buy it as well.