Sign in to follow this  
RobdeVries

VoxATC UK and VoxATC together (FS2004)

>in the UK>version there is a module installed that generates traffic>outside FS9 and feeds it back via the multiplayer capability>of FS9, so you have to start FS9 with 0% AI traffic, start>VoxATC UK and then start a multiplayer session that ties you>into this VoxATC AI traffic module. You do see visual AI>traffic that does interact with the ATC you are listening to>but it is a little buggy. No night lighting and there are>some movement problems similar to ones you might notice in a>true multiplayer session when a server gets bogged down and>planes start kinda jumping around. This feature is also in v4>but as I say it is a bit buggy and one of the biggest>drawbacks of attempting to include this feature in FS9>versions of VoxATC. In FSX you don't have to perform this>kind of software trickery and the ATC controlled AI traffic>works considerably better.I'd like to add that in my opinion the resulting visual traffic with all the trickery involved and with its obvious limitations will be much better than no visual traffic at all. I've seen the both VoxATC in FSX and FS9 and know what is missing. Great that you're working on it as well.

Ok, Rob, have found something that rang my bell in the beginning:An abstract from Pete Dawson's forum on FSUIPC4 version 4.09:QUOTE:FSUIPC4 version 4.09Changes since 4.08 are: .......................3. It appears that AI aircraft injected by on-line flight programs such as FSInn appear in FSX with zero Ground Speed and Vertical Speed, and always in ATC state "Initialisation". This makes TCAS and other traffic displays either show them incorrectly, or not show them at all.UNQUOTE.FSInn is a multiplayer connect interface program (used in VATSIM for example) that, as it turns out, can also generate AI traffic for the MP session.That reference in the beginning was in a different context of VOXATC.

Okay, that explains the confusion. Thanks for pointing it out. And learned something new along the way!Thanks again,Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg