Sign in to follow this  
jmig

Looking for comparisons between RC & VOXATC

I am looking for the differences in Radar Contact and VOXATC. I have read review on both and my understanding is the big difference is RC uses numbers to select phrases, as in FS* and VOXATC uses actual voice commands. Is this correct? What other differences are they between the two? I will also post this in Radar Contact forum. It will be interesting to see what the two camps have to say about their product. I wish I knew of a site that did

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Radar Contact is menu basedVox is Voice activatedRadar Contact does IFR only. Vox Does IFR and VFRRadar Contact does not do Taxi Instructions (not yet).Vox Does.RC is non linier (there are multiple branches to the IFR) this is its biggest strengthVox is linier. meaning..there is always only one option at every stage. Radar Contact has more IFR options?Vox has the most common IFR operations? (I think I am right in this section. Not 100% sure).If you are an IFR Student and want to learn Comm, both are useful. Vox helps you speak out properly and the right phrases. I like both of em. I only wish both Radar Contact and VOX would merge and give us the best of both worlds.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Thank you Manny. I am a retire fighter jock and GA pilot. I quit flying years ago when I lost my medical. I guess, I am looking for realism.

John
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive

Thanks for the abstract, Manny, something I have been looking for.

John, if you are looking for realism I think VoxATC is "as close as it gets" unless you fly in an online group such as VATSIM. I would install the demo and give it a try before buying. Even with the fairly rigid linear structure I find it vastly superior to pressing keyboard buttons.

I want to thank Bruce and Manny for taking the time to express their views on VOXATC vs Radar Contact. You certainly have provided me with more information than the members of the Radar Contact forum.

John

Most members on the RC forum are familiar with only RC's operation and apparently are not seeking other options, hence the lack of responses.There was a comment added this morning by someone familiar with both. If you haven't seen it I suggest you revisit the topic over there. It mostly described the difference in the interaction with FS AI (including that generated by add-on traffic packages including freeware downloads) that RC interfaces with and provides some control over during the landing process vs. the exclusive AI generated by VOXATC which may not (I don't know) appear on add-on TCAS gauges including those built into the NDs of various aircraft. The comment was by a rated IFR pilot.Expecting commentary from members on the RC forum regarding a product comparison from which they are not familiar with should not be regarded as a negative aspect.In fairness to both products, decide what features are most important to you. If you click on my tag below, it will take you to the RC site and from there to a features table for previous version 3 and what has been expanded for current version 4 (actually 4.2 has much more). (You can also download the 200 page approximately RC user manual from there and read the quick start and what's new in RC4 sections.) Perhaps print out that table and then use it to compare what VOXATC offers.__I'm not suggesting here that either one is better, but they appear to handle things differently relative to simulating real-world ATC operations in reacting to AI as well.__Just search out independent reviews as well and compare those. Keep in mind the versions addressed by these reviews and the fact that some negative comments may have been addressed in current versions of each product.Good luck in your research and do what's right for you. My response here is just in regard to your comment about lack of response on the RC forum, not about the quality of either product.Disclaimer:My tag says it all.

Hi John,I'm not familiar with VOXATC so comparison with RC4 would not be fair. The best opinions would come from those who have purchased both but I suspect those that have done so will possibly have ditched one in favour of the other.AvSim have reviewed both. This should help you to make up your mind about which one is best for you. You can read the reviews here...http://www.avsim.com/pages/0105/voxatc/voxatc.htmlhttp://www.avsim.com/pages/0206/RC4/RC4.htmAnd to be scrupulously fair I'll post this message in the VOXATC forum.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

>Most members on the RC forum are familiar with only RC's>operation and apparently are not seeking other options, hence>the lack of responses.>Good luck in your research and do what's right for you. My>response here is just in regard to your comment about lack of>response on the RC forum, not about the quality of either>product.>>Disclaimer:>>My tag says it all.>Thank you also for your thoughts. Between this forum and Radar Contact

John