Sign in to follow this  
Guest Brian

Flight Planner Trainer Problems?

Guest Brian

Hi,I have uninstalled my old version of VOX which I used with FS9.I have downloaded the demo for FSX, which is the only flight simulator software I use. (uninstalled FS9)The installation completed fully and after rebooting my computer, I started up FSX. The revelant prompt screen was enabled and I carried out the intial tutorial, which worked okay! However, I did not complete the full tutorial, as I wanted to build up the Flight Planner Trainer, as suggested in the manual.With my previous version having already downloaded the MS 5.1 speech software and the AT&T voices, I wasn't expecting any problems with the FPT. I had carried out the speech training, via the Control Panel/Speech to ensure my microphone was set up. But when I started to read out the dialoque in the FPT, after approx 3-5 minutes the program shut down with an "Error Message" stating problems with the following application: SAPISVR.EXE, Version 5.1.4111.0.I have downloaded fresh MS 5.1 software, from the MS download site. Uninstalled then re-installed, and tried again, but the same error again shut the program down.Any suggestions to what is going wrong?

Guest Brian

Hi,I originally posted this message because I could not contact Tegwyn via the VOX home page. However, after advise I finally got through by condensing down my message.I have now been in touch with Tegwyn, who has resolved all my problems.

Hi,I originally posted this message because I could not contact Tegwyn via the VOX home page. However, after advise I finally got through by condensing down my message.I have now been in touch with Tegwyn, who has resolved all my problems.
I have experience similar problems, primarily in that I get a continual decrease in FPS when using SAPI with FS2Crew during my testing. Any suggestions, sounds like you know someone who may be able to help me solve my issues. Thanks in advance . .

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg