Sign in to follow this  
N738NM

AT&T 8-Bit Replacement Voices?

Hi, folks. I've got the demo version of VoxATC for FS9 (US, not UK version). I'd like to ditch the MS voices, but I've read on this forum that some of you think the 16 bit AT&T voices are almost too good (that maybe even some static might make the experience more realistic). Can I download and use the 8 bit versions of the Mike and Crystal voices? They sound a little more like something coming over an aging radio stack. Thanks in advance for your help. -- Dana

If you like the way the 8khz voices sound go for it, they will work with VoxATC just as well as the 16khz voices. There have been some previous posts on the AT&T 8khz and other lower resolution voices so a search on this forum might provide more info. Good luck.

Thanks, Bruce. I think I'll try out the 8 kHz voices and let you folks know how it works. I agree with some of the previous posts about how, at least from the NextUp and AT&T websites that I've previewed, the 16 kHz voices sound "too good". Thanks again and happy sim'ing.- Dana