Sign in to follow this  
Guest Polmer

Problems with ATC communications.......New Install

Guest Polmer

Hello,I just purchased this software yesterday and keep having the same issues;When I first make contact with ATC ( VFR tutorial),I cant hear myself as soon as I press the transmit button (space bar), yet ATC responds like they CAN hear me.But after 3-4 sets of communications, ATC then responds with "Last aircraft say again". When I transmit a second time I now all of a sudden CAN hear myself in the headphones and ATC responds accordingly. So it goes something like;(ME) I say something (I cannot hear my self in headphones)(ATC) "Last aircraft say again"(ME) I Say the same thing (But this time I can hear myself)(ATC) responds correctly to meThis is the way it goes the rest of the flight;I talk, but cant hear myself, ATC cant hear me , I say it again ( I always hear myself the second time), and ATC then hears me.IT always takes two tries to engage the microphone.I also notice that when I look at my soundcard mixing console, that the volume mutes when ever I press my communication button. I am using FSXVOXATC FSX Version Windows XPCreative Labs Audiology cardHeadset with a microphoneLooking for any tips to try, ThanksPolmer

Guest Polmer

Ok,I have somewhat narrowed down the problem.I placed FSX in a window, and launched my sound card playback mixer.I noticed that when I press to talk, the microphone playback volume suddenly becomes muted and the volume goes down to zero. ATC then requests me to try again with the "last aircraft, say again".When I Speak the second time, I speak and the microphone playback volume is not muted and then ATC hears, and responds to me.Why is my microphone playback getting muted, then un-muted, then muted again?? Not sure where to look for this; Sound card, VOX, or Win XP TTS?Polmer