Sign in to follow this  
dbrucem

4 voice version for FSX on VoxATC.com

Version 5.34 is now available for FSX. It supports four voices, male and female pilot and male and female controller. Of course you will have to provide the extra voices.

Guest Dizz

This is great news...thanks. I do however have a question. The instructions state I must first remove the current VOXATC version and then reinstall 5.34. Will my current serial number reactivate the software or will I have to again purchase this latest version? I hope not because I just purchased 5.33 last week!

I just deinstalled the previous version and reinstalled the new version. Your original serial number will reactivate the software if necessary. The only expense will be additional voices. I had an extra voice from an earlier purchase so I just need another female voice. I installed the new version but haven't had much chance to evaluate it. I have loaded an IFR flight from KSEA to KPDX and so far have only heard the male voices. Also this version doesn't seem to be as smooth on my system as the previous version. I guess I will play with and see what happens.

Guest Dizz

Yes, reinstall has worked great. Program seems to work great although I'm trying to sort out a pronunciation issues with the Neospeech voices I have added. Also, I used the opportunity to switch over to 8k voices which aren't so perfect and sound more like an actual radio receiver. I can't believe nobody is talking more about this great little upgrade.

I guess everybody is talking about the blurries over on the FSX channel. This new version is working very well for me. Does the Neospeech TTS engine have a dictionary built in that allows you to change pronuciations? In the past I've had some success with the AT&T voices and it's dictionary. Regardless it is a vast improvement to not have the pilot and controller both using the same voice.

Guest Dizz

Neospeach actually has three dictionary's. entagger.dict and tpp.dict in the "dict" subfolder and a user_eng.dict under the "userdict" subfolder. Each voice has these dictionary files. What's odd is that none of these files show any entries. I first tried adding words to the user_eng.dict files and for some reason the voices would stop working. Only fix was to reload the Neospeech voices. I've been making word additions to the entagger.dict file, but I can't really say it's having any affect. I need to try the tpp.dict files next.

Guest Dizz

OK...found the problem with the Neospeech dictionary files. It seems there is a bug in the DL software that sometimes doesn't load some critical .dll files. More information here...http://www.nextup.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=653Dictionary editor is now working, although it doesn't seem to work as well as the AT&T editor. I sure wish AT&T would make the 8k voices available in something other than Mike and Crystal. :-(

I recommend you email nextup support at support@nextup.com. The following line is in the AT&T section: * 8khz Versions of all voices available on request. Good luck.

Guest Dizz

Thanks Bruce. Nextup hooked me up with Plimus.com who carries all the AT&T 8K voices. :-)