Sign in to follow this  
Murfman

Does not work with PIC 737 X

Hi, all,As many of you may know, Wilco/feelThere has released a patch enabling the PIC 737 for FS2004 run in FSX. However, when I went to activate VOXATC under "Views," "Instrument Panel," "VOX ATC" was missing from the list. Well, I puzzled over this for awhile, and then I realized, "aha, I forgot to run the indexer!" Relieved, I exited FSX and ran the indexer. Alas, after I restarted FSX and loaded my flight situation,"VOX ATC" was still missing from the menu!Has anyone else run into this? Anyone have any ideas? And, oh, by the way VOX ATC runs fine with Wilco/feelThere's converted ERJ 145.Thanks in advance for any help!Tom

I don't have the PIC 737 so can't help out. I would recommend looking into the panel folder and see if it is aliased to another. You can also try manually editing the panel file to include the added gauge and panel entry.On another note I did find that none of FSD's aircraft will work with VoxATC in FSX, the edit of the panel.cfg triggers FSD's antipiracy code rendering all gauges, animations and VC useless. I emailed Jim Goldman about this but have yet to hear back. I know Tegwyn will work with FSD to resolve this but the ball's in their court now.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Zane,Thanks for taking the time to repy. I don't have a lot of confidence when it comes to editing config files, but I guess if I goof up, the worst that can happen is I'll have to reinstall the plane. I'll try sqawking in the feelThere forum as soon as my membership is activated.Tom

Make a backup copy of your original panel.cfg file. That way if you mess it up too much you can just revert back to that backed up version without having to go through a reinstallation.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Hi, Zane,Thanks for your good advice. I used the panel.cfg file for the ERJ 145 as an example. In fact I cut and pasted in the lines from the ERJ and just changed the window numbers as appropriate. Would you believe it? It worked!The question now is, why didn't the indexer find the panel.cfg file for the B 737? Very strange!Anyway, thanks a bunch for your help!Tom Murphy