Sign in to follow this  
Vox-tm

Possible to specify which aircraft VoxATC uses for traffic?

Is it possible to specify which aircraft VoxATC chooses to use for it's AI traffic? The reason I ask is that whenever it generates GA traffic it seems to always create about 6 twin-engined Beechcraft's which seems a little unrealistic to me. A mixture of single engined and twin-engined would be nicer.Thanks in advance,Vox

VoxATC will create traffic based on what you have the sim set to use for AI traffic. If you are using default AI traffic you should see a similar mix, if Ultimate Traffic X or MyTrafficX it will utilize those aircraft. I am not aware of any way to tell VoxATC which aircraft to use and not to use for AI traffic. You might try changing the traffic percentage in the VoxATC setup menu and see if you can create the change you are looking for.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Well, I set the VoxATC traffic slider to 25% and still only got 3 A321's which never took off and just stayed static and about 8 Beechcraft Barons that just took off, circled around the airport and kept perfoming touch & go's.I am only using a default install of FSX, with SP1 applied, but no other AI/traffic addon's or utilities.Vox

Unfortunately, this is continuing to be an issue for me.I'm still only getting A321's and Barons as AI traffic and after contacting Tegwyn he has suggested that I create more AI aircraft as VoxATC uses traffic BGL's for its AI. He apparently uses MyTrafficX, but if possible, I would like confirmation from others that they have managed to get a wider variety of AI traffic using VoxATC and other traffic apps or even freeware traffic BGL's before parting with some more hard-earned cash.Thanks,Vox

I use MyTraffic X also and am very happy with the variety and mix of traffic flying at any airport in the world, including military bases. I don't know what else to tell you. I saw the ad for MyTraffic back in FS2002 when it was first introduced, bought it their first week of business and have continued through all its upgrades. I think it is a wonderful product and yes, I have tried other AI traffic programs both freeware and pay since I do provide support on Flight1's support forum. I went back to MyTraffic because I liked the low hit on frame rates, decent looking models when viewed from a realistic distance (they are designed for maintaining usable frame rates with lots of variety rather than hi detail specific models) and mostly I didn't need to futz with it once installed.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Thanks zfehr. And is the MyTrafficX AI integrated with and correctly addressed and directed by VoxATC?Vox

Yes ;)

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

I am using My Traffic X. I also seem to have the same problem with alot of barons and very little to no commercial traffic at all. I can get plenty of traffic using the FSX traffic slider. My first flight from KMKT - KSTP there was only 1 Continental ERJ 145 on approach freq. Second flight today I flew past KMSP (NWA hub) and there were not any planes at the airport. I have traffic set @ 75% in Vox, FSX SP2 installed. I am not sure what version of Vox I have, I found a link to download a Vista64 version here in the AVsim forum. I was unable to get the link on the vox site to work. This is on a fresh install of FSX with Coolsky MD80, DF Dakota and My Traffic X. No other addons installed yet.Willy